Chapter 15: Family time

IT'S BACK HENS SOZ FOR THE DELAY PREFERENCE BOOKS AND X READERS AND BREAKDOWNS x

Gio takes a mini-hiatus from doing drag to spend time with you and the twins. Featuring lots of fluff, because god only knows, ya'll need it- yes, this is an apology for the light angst  and the potentially triggering last chapters of Farrah x Reader- not just to you, but to me, because catharsis is scary but unfortunately it's all I have in terms of therapy because I don't fully trust my therapist yet. ANYWAY FLUFFY BHD HOURSSS

June 20, 2019

The twins had been home for about a week and no matter how hard you tried, you couldn't get Gio to believe you would be fine if he went to just one gig. "Gio I swear, you really don't have to put your career on hold for a month just for us. We'll be fine." You tried to reason once he told you he was taking leave for a whole month. Could you even afford to do that? However, despite how stubborn you were about the matter, you couldn't help but think of how sweet it was of him. "I wanted to, though. For you, Aaron and Amanda, I'd stop drag all together. I mean, I won't- at least not right now, but, you get it." He said, looking you dead in the eyes, any qualms you had with this decision practically melting away. "I get it. I swear, Gio...you really are one of very few people that I know that can get me to give in like that." You said, wrapping your arms around his neck as you sighed. "You, Y/N, are one of very few people I can convince of anything..." He said, his hands rested on your back as you buried your head further in his neck. "The other two are in the other room, you know? Those babies will look at you like you hold the world in your hands. You can convince the three of us of anything. We're not gullible, we just love you." You said, holding his hands and looking into his eyes as you lifted your head from his neck. He smiled as you noticed tears start to well up in his eyes- possibly from sleep deprivation. "I know...I love you guys too, more than anything. That's why I'm taking the leave-and before you say it, yes I needed to." Gio said, allowing you to hold his hands even tighter. "Was working on top of taking care of us too much?" you asked, concerned he might say yes. "No, god no!" He said, hugging you tight. "I just worried that you'd rather be there than here..." You explained, trying not to cry. "If anything, I'm doing this because I'd rather be here than there. I've been trying to tell you that the whole time!" He explained, smiling while he still tried to reassure you, to put it bluntly, were being a hormonal (no, the baby hormones hadn't left yet and you were miserable about it) and paranoid mess. You had accepted it at this point- if anything, you knew you'd be thankful for Gio taking leave, whether you wanted to accept that right now or not. Gio looked about ready to say something when the baby monitor in your room went off. "You're welcome!" Gio said as he left for the twin's room. You rolled your eyes, realizing these next four weeks were going to be...interesting.

June 27, 2019

It had been a week, and it started to catch up with you that this was for the better...Gio staying home saved your ass, in all honesty. You, being extremely stubborn, didn't want to admit you needed as much help as you did, but nonetheless, you appreciated your husband being the same sweet idiot you fell in love with. When you woke up that morning, you found that Gio wasn't there. He was , however, passed out on a chair in the nursery. You had to think of the most serious things to not burst out laughing at this sight, then later, fight the urge to cry when you saw that both Aaron and Amanda were passed out on his chest. The dark brown eyes of the previously passed out Palandranis- try saying that five times fast- fluttered open to meet your long-since open eyes looking at them. "I can explain..?" Gio said, smiling as he looked at you. 'Let me guess- they were up in the night too much, so you just stayed in here?" You replied, looking at him as if to say, "You're a massive twat, but I love you anyway." "You know me so well." He said sarcastically, causing you to actually call him an idiot with more than your eyes, "Giovanni, you're an idiot." "Y/N, I'm your idiot." He responded with a dumb smirk on his face. God damn that adorable bastard...you had each other equally whipped. It was sad, at this point. "Touché..." You said, rolling your eyes and kissing your still half-asleep spouse on the cheek. "Thanks babe." He said, smiling like the lovestruck fool he was. "I love you, it's my job to show you that." You said, smiling and laughing at the expression, one that seemed to reflect both how in love he was with you and how tired he was. "You look tired, Gio. Did you even sleep?" You asked, extremely concerned for your husband's well-being, not that that was unusual. Aaron whimpered slightly as his eyes met yours, which triggered a whine from Amanda. "Does that answer your question?" Gio inquired, visibly exhausted. "You poor fool..." you sighed. "Hey, you got to sleep in. Be grateful!" "I think the baby pooped." you observed, noting the expression on Aaron's face. "Which one- oh. I've got it." Gio started to get up, however, both you and Amanda had an objection. "No, you stay." "But-" "Gio, sit." " Gio, stay..." "Good boy. Now, I'm going to change Aaron." "Okay." "Manda, calm down!" "That won't work!" "Leave me alone, I tried!" "Let's just agree that we're both new to this and we are equally clueless?" "Fair enough. Feed Mandy, I'll change Aaron?" "Sounds like a plan." "I usually have one!"