Chapter 05: For The Longest Time

MC-6 Acapella songfic (Oooh...) wherein Gio finally proposes because he loves the fuck out of the reader. May of 2017

If you said goodbye to me tonight

There would still be music left to write

What else could I do

I'm so inspired by you

That hasn't happened for the longest time

When one finds their muse, be it an object, film or significant other, it's hard to find another muse. In the case of Giovanni finding his own muse, it just so happened that you, his girlfriend, may or may not be that muse. Even if you were to break up, he'd still be ever inspired by you. He hadn't had that for the longest time.

Once I thought my innocence was gone

Now I know that happiness goes on

That's where you found me

When you put your arms around me

I haven't been there for the longest time

When you and Gio met, you had both gotten out of relationships and until you started to talk and genuinely care for one another, you were both starting to see little to no point in relationships if all they would do was destroy your innocence and break your heart. But in that time, that's where you found him, and where he found you. Looking back on it, it was probably the best thing to happen to you, or to him.

I'm that voice you're hearing in the hall

And the greatest miracle of all

Is how I need you

And how you needed me too

That hasn't happened for the longest time

Whenever your voice rang through the halls of your shared apartment, Gio couldn't help but feel like it was one of the best things to hear, just knowing that one of the people he needed to practically function needed him as much as he did her made what he wanted-no, needed to do that much easier. He hadn't felt that way about someone for the longest time.

Maybe this won't last very long

But you feel so right

And I could be wrong

Maybe I've been hoping too hard

But I've gone this far

And it's more than I hoped for

Maybe this would all go horribly wrong...maybe you'd say no or your marriage would be a disaster. But in the present, it all felt right. Besides, even if Giovanni was being overly optimistic about this whole thing, he'd made it to the point where he wanted to spend the rest of his life with you. And in all honesty? It was more than he'd hoped for.

Who knows how much further we'll go on

Maybe I'll be sorry when you're gone

I'll take my chances

I forgot how nice romance is

I haven't been there for the longest time

He couldn't stall any longer. He needed to do this now, because he'd only be sorry if he let this pass him by. He'd take his chances. When it came to you, that's all he'd ever think to do.

I had second thoughts at the start

I said to myself

Hold on to your heart

Now I know the woman that you are

You're wonderful so far

And it's more than I hoped for

At the start, it was no secret both you and Giovanni (especially Giovanni) had second thoughts. It just felt like you were giving your hearts away too soon. Now you knew how wonderful the other was, and that you wouldn't give your hearts to anyone else, it was more than you could ever dream of or hope for.

I don't care what consequence it brings

I have been a fool for lesser things

I want you so bad

I think you ought to know that

I intend to hold you for the longest time

"Y/N?" Giovanni asked you from the living room. "Yeah?" You asked back from your shared bedroom where you were typing your ass off for something for work. "Can you come here a sec?" His voice came again. Meh, what the hell? You needed a break anyway. However, you weren't expecting what you would see upon walking into the living area.

The words, accompanied by Gio being down on one knee clutching a gorgeous ring in his shaking hands, "Will You Marry Me?" were spelled out in photographs of the two of you on the floor

The words, accompanied by Gio being down on one knee clutching a gorgeous ring in his shaking hands, "Will You Marry Me?" were spelled out in photographs of the two of you on the floor. "Gio I-" You said, in complete and total shock. "Y/N, I love you so much. So much that I want to spend the rest of my life with you, as you can see..So, I think there's really only one other thing to say. Y/N, my love, my life, my everything, will you make me the happiest man in all of New York City and allow me to hold you for the longest time?" Gio said, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. With tears full on pouring out of your own eyes, you answered, "Yes!"