Chapter 5

Gun slowly stirred out of sleep and woke up to find himself resting on Mark's chest and the other boy's arms securely around him.

He smiled softly and ran his hand through Mark's hair.

Unlike Mark, Gun was very in touch with his emotions. Though sometimes he wasn't able to control them, he understood himself very well. He would never think to himself that he's acting weirdly because Gun is honestly a very weird person to begin with. Also because he understood all the reasons behind his actions and feelings.

So he knew that he's had a crush on Mark for years.

I mean it wasn't that hard to see why.

Gun gently cupped his face and smiled at the sleeping boy. His feelings conflicted inside him so he just resumed to ruffling his hair.

Mark woke up eventually and rubbed his eyes cutely slowly waking up.

"Morning." He smiled down at Gun who was looking up at him.

"Morning." Gun said. "So you feeling better?"

Mark nodded and smiled wider. "Much better."

"Well I've got to get to school." Gun said sadly getting out of his warm embrace. "And so do you. Unless you'd rather stay home."

"Can I? I don't want to go out just yet." Mark said honestly.

Gun chuckled and ran a hand through the other boy's hair. "Don't need to ask me I'm not your mom." They both laughed. "But sure you can stay here till I get back just don't eat my skittles." He emphasized the last part fiercely making Mark laugh.

"I promise I'll stay away from your candy." Mark said.

"Okay I'll get ready already. Go back to sleep you lucky sucker I don't want to go to school." Gun pouted making Mark chuckled.

Mark did as he was told and lied back into the big bed and covered himself in the blanket.

"Mark." A shaky voice whispered making him open his eyes.

He managed to sleep for a while so Gun already left the house. He sat up quickly and looked around. He smelled the same burning flowers that he smelled yesterday. He was about to go back into panic mode but the contrasting smell of Gun's aroma on the sheets put him at ease.

He looked around the room and saw a silver haired boy with pale skin and smoke surrounding him. He was wearing stylish clothes and sunglasses.

"Sorry for scaring you." The ghost said honestly. "I'm not good with people."

"Who are you?" Mark asked. There was something about him that was too familiar but he honestly couldn't pinpoint who it was.

"Five." He said with his hands in his pocket as he slowly walked to Mark.

"And what do you want from me?"

"Woah no need to be angry." He joked. "Look I don't know why I'm here either but you're the only person who can see me so I thought 'why not befriend him?'"

Mark had been gifted with a different power when he was born. Some people around the world had these gifts. They weren't nearly as special as being a star but they were very helpful. For example, some gifts are like the ability to tell if someone's lying or what a person's exact emotion is. Mark had the ability to always tell someone's intentions. He would have a feeling in his gut at times that told him if a person was genuine or not.

His gut never lied and it told him that the boy wasn't here to hurt him.

"Okay." Mark said still a little hesitant. "So tell me about yourself Five."