Chapter 8

The morning painted the sky slowly and brought light to the world but Perth kept his eyes shut.

The flowers stood up and people were slowly getting out of bed but Perth still kept his eyes shut.

He never wanted to open them up.

He used to think that the world was such a beautiful place. He wouldn't have traded his sight for anything because it allowed him to see all those faces, especially Saint's.

Now nothing about this stayed the same.

He covered his face in Saint's chest and screwed his eyes shut.

"Perth?" Saint gently rubbed his head.

Perth pulled his body closer. "No don't go please please." He mumbled as tears flowed out of his eyes.

"Calm down I'm not going anywhere." Saint said holding him close.

Perth continued to cry silently making Saint's heart break.

The ghosts were everywhere and that terrified Perth. They were all talking to him and the sounds destroyed his ears.

Perth was always afraid of ghosts. As a kid he would cry because of the decorations on Halloween. Of course he was able to strengthen up but this was so much worse than he's ever imagined.

The screams and cries of the children were everywhere and they were eating Perth alive.

"How c-an I make th-them stop?" He stuttered trying to drown out the noise.

Saint didn't know. There was really no way someone could stop being a Star on demand as far as he knew.

"I don't know." He said sadly. "But I promise I'll try to make it better."

"Okay." Perth's voice was getting weaker.

A few minutes later Perth had cried himself back to sleep and Saint sat up to be able to do something important.

He called up Plan.

"Yeah?" Plan asked on the other end clearly just getting out of bed.

"Plan something bad happened. Perth became a star." Saint said.

He seemed unfazed for a bit until he remembered Perth's never ending fear of ghosts.

"How's he doing?" Plan asked.

"Not well he's been crying for the past few hours." Saint said sadly.

Plan was confused for a bit. "Why'd you tell me then?"

"Because you're a Star." Saint said plainly.

"What? I'm not." Plan denied.

"Don't lie to me Plan it's very obvious." Saint said and Plan caved.

"Fine yeah. I'm a Star." Plan sighed. "Back to Perth."

"How can I help him?" Saint asked.

Plan had to think about that. As said he's never had to suffer from being a Star because he's always loved his magic.

"just stay by his side and try to maybe get him to adapt to the ghosts. He's going to have to live with them for the rest of his life so there's not much anyone can do." Plan explained.

Saint turned around to look at Perth.

His hair was messed up and his eyes were red. His face from the curing and covered in tears. He was still wearing his clothes from yesterday and he was tightly holding onto the place where Saint was a few minutes ago.

"Alright." Saint sighed. "Thanks Plan."

"Don't mention it just help him. Okay? This can be a really horrific time in his life. Feel free to call me if you need more help."

Saint hummed in response and ended the call.

He slowly climbed into bed and hurried himself in Perth's arms. Quickly Perth pulled him closer as if holding onto him for life support.

Saint stroked his hair and hissed him lightly to try and get him to calm down.

—————

Mark was walking around the city when he saw a familiar figure sitting on a pile of rubble.

"Five." He smiled to himself as he walked up to him.

They stood there for a while overlooking the place and being conscious of each other's presence without saying anything.

"You know." Five started. "After years of isolation at some point it's not so bad."

"Really?" Mark asked. "You never get lonely?"

"Of course I do but sometimes being alone is fine." Five said.

Mark looked at him and wrapped him in his arms. "Well I'm here to make sure you don't have to be lonely."

"Thanks." Five smiled and leaned into his touch.

Mark felt his beard beat up again even for the short time that he's known Five it's felt like they've known each other all their life.

He was so at home around him. Everything fell into place and he realized two things.

He was in love.

With that one statement it said two things.

He was in love with Five and he was in love with Gun.

For some strange reason Five let him access all of his emotions out of nowhere. As if the far away feelings seemed to flood themselves back into his body. He wasn't aloof anymore.

The quick happiness of finally encountering his long missed emotions was taken over by his next problem.

He's in love with both of them.

He's known Gun all his life. He's his joy and his angel. Everything he's known and everything that's good is within Gun. He never fails to make Mark smile. Over the years his bubbly self as found its permanent place in the boy's dark heart. He's Mark's home. He's Mark's sun.

Whereas Five is someone he hasn't known for long yet everything seems to fall into place. Five makes him feeling things he's never felt before. He makes Mark really feel. He's like a beautiful mystery. Everything about him just makes Mark want to know him more. He's Mark's adventure. He's Mark's moon.

And now Mark's heart is torn into two pieces because he has to choose.

Night or Day?

Set or Rise?

Dark of Light?

Five or Gun?

He didn't know.

Both of them made his life better. He knew he couldn't live without both of them but he knew he couldn't live with both either.

The war in him scared him so so much and maybe he wanted his emotions to go leave him again.

Five or Gun?

Who makes you happier?

Five or Gun?

Who makes you feel alive?

Five or Gun?

Who speaks to your heart?

Five or Gun?

Who speaks to your soul?

Five or Gun?

Mark felt himself breaking apart slowly at the choice and he just hugged Five closer to him, trying to find any comfort he could.

Y'all who should Mark pick??? Also Perth breaks my heart I'm sorry baby ;~;