Chapter 6

Mark put a letter on Gun's table before leaving his house.

Hey.

Thanks for Everything.
You're the best.
See you tomorrow <3

-Mark

It was short yet sweet but so was Mark so it seemed to match.

He went outside to do meet Five like he said so. He walked through the messy streets and saw a familiar boy zooming past him.

Saint? He thought.

Before he could call his ration he was already too far for him to reach.

Mark decided not to mind it for now and ask Saint about it another time.

He made his way to his house and sat on the porch waiting for the other boy (or ghost).

"Hey." Suddenly Five appeared beside Mark and he didn't really flinch.

"So what've you got planned?" Mark smiled already warming up to him.

Five smiled back. He stood up and took held out his hand for Mark to take. The other hesitated for a bit before he slid his hand into Five's cold one.

Five dragged him off somewhere and Mark obediently followed.

The made their way to an empty alleyway.

"Why are we here?" Mark asked in confusion.

"Because if I'm going to use my powers we've got to os it where no one can see us" Five replied.

"Woah? Powers?" Mark said. "What kind?"

Five smiled. "You'll see. Now take my hand again and shut your eyes."

Mark did as he was told and suddenly the darkness that he usually saw when he closed his eyes was replaced by billions and billions of stars. Not the people who can do magic, actually beautiful balls of light.

"Amazing." Mark whispered. He turned to his side to see Five standing beside him.

"I think I know you from somewhere." Mark said out of the blue. "Do you know?"

"Do you want the truth or would you rather I say 'no I don't think so'?" Five asked.

"The truth definitely." Mark said as he admired Five's face. It had sharp features but it managed to be soft and gentle. He had a piercing gaze and very defined lips. His skin and shone softly from the light and little specks of stars filled his eyes.

"Hmmm, I'll tell you one day." Five teased.

Mark just smiled and went back to looking at the stars.

"I love astronomy." Five said. "It really puts things into perspective. Like our earth is just one of the many many worlds out there yet all our basic problems seem to matter so much. Like the fact that you don't look so good in that picture isn't more important than a planet under war."

Mark listened carefully to his analysis.

"It's almost as if we're just tiny creatures living and thinking that we matter when in reality there are far more important things then the 'problems' we think we have."

Five kept staring out into the sky and Mark was now staring at Five.

Something in his him felt like it had been unlocked after years.

In that moment, he finally knew what he was feeling.

—————

Saint ran as fast as he could over to Perth's house.