Another day in paradise

Trigger warning: abuse and mentions of self harm.
**BEEP BEEP BEEP**
Trixie shot up out of bed at the sound of her alarm. She knew not to let it ring to long or else it might wake up her stepdad Dane and she doesn't want to deal with him. She went to her closet and picked out an outfit before getting into the shower. After her shower she changed into her clothes and did her makeup "Trixie you've done it again. Yet another sickening outfit" she said to herself while looking into the mirror and admiring her masterpiece. If there was one thing she was confident in it was her fashion sense and love for the colour pink.

She went to put on her matching pink heels, she managed to balance and get the first one on but as she tried to put on the second she lost her balance and toppled over causing a loud thud to ring out through the house. She prayed she didn't wake up her stepdad as she quickly stood up and brushed herself off. "TRIXIE!!" a loud voice yelled from upstairs. Aww shit trixie thought. She woke up her stepdad. She could hear stomps getting louder and louder as he got closer and closer. Before she knew it Dane had a firm grip around her arm and Trixie could feel his spit flying into her face as he yelled at her "WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU BEING SO LOUD?!" He screamed "I-I'm sorry I f-fell over" Trixie replies avoided eye contact with the angry man. "Well maybe you should fucking stop being such a fat ass who makes such a loud noise when they fall then huh!!!!" He yelled right into her face barely and inch away "I-I'm sorry I'm sorry. I just want to go to school p-please" she was holding back her tears and trying to get her arm free from his grip. He looked at her and shoved her against the wall causing all the air to be knocked out of her she quickly got up to grab her bag and shoes before scurrying out of the door barefoot. Her shoes can wait. A throbbing pain developed in the back of her head where she hit it on the wall but she was so used to it now. that and the constant ache from the bruises on her arms and on rare occasions her face. She could feel bruises already growing on her arm from this morning. It hurt more than usual because of he fresh cuts she had placed on her forearms the night before.

Oh well.

She continued walking to school quickly grabbing her ear buds and pressing play on her Dolly Parton playlist. Dolly always took her to a special place and gave her a chance to drift away a bit. Before she knew it she was at school and realized she still hadn't put on her shoes. After quickly slipping them on careful not to fall this time she headed to her first class where she found the only person she talks to at school Kim Chi. Trixie wouldn't say her and Kim are friends because they only talked in class and never hung out at lunch or outside of school but that's okay Trixie only needed one familiar face in class so that she could get through the school day.

At lunch Trixie saw a woman standing in the office that she didn't recognize. She also noticed that there principal was nowhere to be found. Then it hit her. The school was getting a new principal today! How could she have forgotten. She continued on with her day wondering what the new principal was like it was a good distraction. The end of the day came and Trixie packed up her things and headed home. She crossed her fingers and hoped her stepdad was either passed out drunk by now or past his angry drunk phase.

When she got home she was relieved to find her stepdad passed out on the couch with drool dripping out the corner of his mouth. He will be out for at least a couple hours minimum and that made Trixie beyond happy. She headed upstairs to her room and flopped onto her bed. She once again put in her ear buds and let Dolly patrons soft voice drift her to sleep.

Trixie woke up around 9:00pm. Perfect. It was just getting dark and she could hear her stepdad stumbling up the stairs to his room which meant he was going to bed and wouldn't be out of his room till morning. Trixie changed into black leggings and a oversized pink hoodie and snuck downstairs remembering to grab her guitar. She slowly opened the door and slipped out the cool night air surrounding her. This was her routine every night. She began walking to the school and when she arrived she went to the field and continued walking until she reached the bleachers. Trixie went around and under the bleachers making her way to the little shed where she hid her journal. She sat down leaning against the shed and opened her journal to the song she had been working on, positioned her guitar and began strumming. Her eyes closed and she drifted into her own little world beginning to sing along to the strums of her guitar. Oh how she loved escaping to her own happy place leaving all the weight on her shoulders behind just for a little while. She was pulled out of her music by the sound of a motorbike going by on the road. Trixie has never seen that motorbike before and as she looked at it closer she could see the rider whip their head back to face the road and speed up disappearing out of sight. Trixie put her journal back in it's hiding place and headed home guitar in hand.