Love Kills Slowly ch.23

Chapter twenty three

I couldn't go back to bed after that dream, the more I think about it the more I forget. Why were they fighting? No it doesn't matter its just a dream.

You sound as if your trying to convince yourself that.

Its not real, It never happened! Shut up! I shrieked to myself in my head. God I'm such an idiot now I'm fighting with myself.

" Jen," My mom called up the stairs for me. " Come down I made some waffles." My eyes widen as i heard that word, Waffles, my absolute favorite breakfast just steps away from me. I shot up like a snake attacking its pray and ran down to breakfast as if i was being chance. A chuckled escaped my mothers lips followed by a playful gasp, " Jen, the waffles aren't going anywhere don't worry." I sat down to eat with a smile of hunger on my face.

" I know but i haven't had waffles in so long." exhilaration in every word. " I'm extremely excited mom." I could feel my eyes light up as she places the plate of syrup covered waffles in front of me with a fork and butter knife on the side. There's something missing, my eyes shoot to her in desperation.

" I'll get your raspberry juice thingy." She turned her back to me and into the fridge with a laugh. " Here you go, you know Liz told me you didn't eat yesterday. You okay?" I shoved a piece of the waffle in my mouth so I could avoid saying anything and simply shake my head 'yes' " O-okay just making sure, Matt called earlier hes coming over any minute now.

I couched out my waffle piece, " What!" I looked at myself then quickly to the door as the bell rang. " I got to go change ill be down."

" Too late Jen and plus you look fine." I shoved another piece in my mouth.

" Its never too late." and I jolted up the stairs. Muffled voice swam up the stairs as Matt and my mom catches up.

" Would you like some waffles?" Whoa what? No waffles for him they are mine. I slipped a shirt over my head without even thinking and through on jeans. I probably look like a wreck but i braided my messy hair to the side of me to look a little decent. This time i walked down the stairs slowly looking at my self in any mirror i could find. I looked pretty good, I seem to be wearing a grey v-neck and black skinny jeans that made my legs look great.

" Matt, that you?" As if I didn't know you were coming. I mentally flicked myself for being so stupid.

" Jen hey yeah I hope its okay I called earlier and told your mom I would stop by to pick you up." Oh he wants to hang out.

" Yeah well I just wanna eat my delicious waffles that my mom made and do my make-up but yeah afterwards we can hang." Slowly I sat down now seeing two more plates on the table. One for mom and one for Matt I assumed. I grabbed my fork and cut me another piece of my waffle to eat as mom sat across from me and Matt sat to the right of me. Silence filled the air as we eat our waffles.

" So uh Matt what are you bringing Jen to go and do?" He looked up and shifted his position.

" Its a surprise." He chuckled. A small smile grew on her face.

" Just dont kidnap her." She laughed eating another bite.

" Mom!" I shrieked, " Really?" her face dropped.

" I'm sorry, that was innoppropiate."

" Yeah." I said in anger.

" Jen, its okay. It was just a joke right Mrs. Walker." She smiled slightly still showing guilt.

" right and call me Jackie." Her head hanged over her food and once again the silence bled through the sheets. Quickly trying to avoid any other conversations I finished my waffles and lightly kicked Matt underneath the table signaling him to hurry. With no words my plate hit the sink and my feet lightly ran up the stairs to apply make-up and finally leave this chained up house. My mom emarresed me in front of someone I would rather not have to go through that. Maybe Matt and i should go on a break, after eveything that has happened I dont want him thinking Im not still hurt by it.