Love Kills Slowly Ch.22

Chapter twenty two

So far we have went through half of the Shopping center, spent half the money, our arms are aching from the bags and bags of just stuff, and it's been four full hours. We ate already since there's a small area to eat and the Chinese food here is surprisingly delicious.

" Look Jen! There's a couple teen boys over there. Yummy. " she licked her upper lip like a predator getting ready to launch at its pray. When I glanced over at the guys I quickly stopped in my tracks. It's Matt. Matt and his friends. " Looks like the cute brunette is taken." That cute brunette... Is Matt. There's a blonde cheerleader smiling next to Matt. She's way to close for my comfort.

" Yeah, sucks how cute he is." Mike takes a glance over to my direction with Kyle hand in his.

" Hunny! Jen sweetie how are you doing?" Mike drags Kyle towards me but I don't keep my eyes off of Matt. The cheerleader didn't take her eyes off of me. Matt looked as if he was concerned, for what I don't know.

" Hey Mike, I'm good way better." I paused shortly looking into mikes eyes. " what's the gossip about what happened?" I asked in a hushed tone.

He chuckled " oh honey there is no gossip everyone knows the truth from the news. You have seen the news correct?" I bite my lip slightly shaking my head 'no'. I saw a small smile on Matts face as I answered Mike, his smile made me smile but seeing that girl made me think very cynical things. My eyes shifted back to Mike as he went on and on about how much he missed me and asked millions of questions such as ' Are you okay? Should you be out now. Wanna hang out later.' " Sweetie You call me if you need anything. Do you understand?" I slightly giggled at him.

" Yes father, i understand." he rolled his eyes and dragged Kyle back to the group. Kyle smiled slightly back at me and went on with Mike.

" You know them?" Liz questioned.

" Uhh yeah. I sit with them at lunch."

" Thring... Thring." My phone went off. Thank god, i can avoid any further questions.

" Hey, are you okay? You seemed distant." oh really! i seemed distant. i wonder why! Maybe its cause the guy i shot someone for has some girl with him. When i didnt answer back he texted again. " Meet me McArthurGlen Veneto Designer Outlet, we gotta talk."Your funny, im not going to meet you, you dont even like me. My stomach tightened up as i thought of him. How could he do this to me? I thought he liked me... Obviously he doesnt. " Please, I just wanna know whats wrong."

I sighed, " Can I meet you at Versace?" I turned to start walking to where Matt and i were to meet up.

" Jen."

"What?"

Liz twiddled her thumbs. " where is that?"

I chuckled, " just look for aero. it's somewhere down there." I point to the right of the Shopping Center and turn again.

This place is huge, I could walk it a million times and see a store I didn't see before. McArthurGlen Veneto Designer was fairly close so I got there quickly.

" Jen." arms came towards me wrapping me into a bear hug to a kind of muscular chest.

Matt. I didn't smile this time, there was no expression on my face. I just hugged him back and peeled him off of me. I don't want him to know I'm hurt, I'm sure he wouldn't care. Pain rushed to where my beating heart lied Just thinking that he doesn't care breaks my heart. I clutch my chest shortly after the pain vanished.

"Jen. Please look at me. Jen what have I done?" I shook my head 'no' as I felt more pain. I don't want this, stop hurting you stupid heart. My eyebrows were pulled together as I stared to the ground.