Ch 5: Baatein Dilon Ki Dekho Jo Baaki

Thank you to our wonderful readers. We loved your sweet comments. They inspire us to keep going. Hope you like the new chapter. It's the longest one yet!

Note: According to our calculations, Anjali should have been seven and a half months pregnant by this time in the show (if she didn't have one of those magical superlong tellywood pregnancies like Tanu in Kumkum Bhagya ;p). So that's what we went with.

Enjoy! Keep the comments coming. We love hearing your thoughts and reactions.

-A&V

--------------------------

On the drive back to Shantivan, Arnav put in a call to Aman.

"Aman, hire a private investigator immediately. Find out everything about Shyam Manohar Jha. Report back to me as soon as possible."

This would give him the concrete evidence needed to convince his family and ensure that that bastard could never come near his family again.

His next step was to plan his apology to Khushi. It couldn't be just a simple "I'm sorry." That wasn't nearly good enough. And, anyway, he had never been great with his words to being with.

--

NK had just returned from Mumbai and come in to check on Khushi.

"Khushiji, aapke aansu kyun phisal gaye?" [Khushiji, why are your tears slipping?] Arnav overheard him asking her in broken Hindi.

"Kuch nahi, Nanheji, bas Amma Babuji ki yaad aa rahi thi."

[Nothing, Nanheji, I am just missing my parents.]

"No problem! Main unhe phone kar dunga aur aap unse hil lena."

[No problem! I will call them and you can shake (meet) them.]

"NK" Arnav interrupted, knowing that he had misunderstood Khushi. She was missing her parents who she considered to be stars now. "It's late. Goodnight." he said, dismissing his cousin.

"Nannav, mere bhai! Tum wapas aa gaye! Main toh Khushiji ko company de raha tha. Goodnight!"

[Nannav, my brother! You are back! I was just keeping Khushiji company. Goodnight!]

"She didn't even correct NK's Hindi," Arnav thought.

Khushi buried herself back into her blankets, pretending to be asleep.

Meanwhile, Arnav changed into his nightclothes. He stopped by the bed and gently brushed back the lock of hair on her cheek. He kissed her forehead and then lay down on the recliner near the foot of the bed.

"Arnavji aise kaise..." [How did Arnavji...] Khushi wondered.

--

Arnav woke to Khushi's scream. She was sitting up, breathing hard. In the next moment, he was by her side. He held her in his arms until she calmed down. He tucked her back in bed. Then, he got up to return to the recliner but was pulled back. Khushi was holding his hand. Fast asleep. Not wanting to disturb her again, he leaned back on the headboard and closed his eyes.

Next morning, Khushi felt an unfamiliar weight around herself. She tried to shove it off but was pulled closer into her husband's embrace. That's when she noticed that her own hand was on his waist. She looked up at him.

"Kabhi kabhi jab aap shaant hote ho toh hum sochte hain ki aapki zindagi main hamari koi ehmiyat hai. Par yeh bhi ek sapna hi hai ki hamara rishta pyaar, vishwas aur izzat ka ho sakta hai," [Sometimes when you are quiet, I think that I am an important part of your life. But this is also just my imagination that our relationship can ever be one of love, trust and respect.] she whispered.