Ch 13: Ghoom Ke Toofan Aaya Hai

Hello!

Sorry that this has been delayed getting to you again. There were unforeseen demands in our personal and professional lives but we are very excited for you to read this new chapter. We have a lot of the story planned out (even a sequel) and are looking forward to writing it. Hopefully faster this time. So please stick around and enjoy!

This is chapter is dedicated to @mistydey for motivating us to keep writing. 

- A&V

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Inka naam humne Shubh isliye rakha kaahe ki yeh apni maa ki zindagi ma mangal samay ka shubharambh karenge."

[I named him Shubh because he will bring an auspicious beginning to the happy chapter of his mother's life.]

"Mere pyaare bhaanje, Shubh," [My dear nephew, Shubh,] NK said, looking down at his nephew. Everyone else exchanged looks. Who knew in what way he was going to destroy Hindi now. "Aapka iss duniya mein aur parivaar mein swagat hai!" [Welcome to this world and this family!] NK finished.

"Arey wah NK bitwa! Aapne toh bina kisi galti ke bola!" [Wow, NK! You said that without making any mistakes!] Mama said, reflecting everybody's surprise.

"Khushiji ne sikhaya. Maine bahut practice ki." [Khushi taught me. I practiced a lot.] NK beamed.

The family was so engrossed in arguing about who would hold the baby next, they didn't notice the door open until an unfamiliar shadow fell across Shubh's face. Anjali looked up.

"Dadi." Anjali smiled. Then, she looked to Arnav, worried about his reaction. In fact, everyone in the room was watching Arnav. Khushi and Payal noticed this shift and exchanged matching confused looks. Nani was the first to compose herself.

"Aao Subhadra, apne naati se milo." [Come, Subhadra, meet your grandson.] She said as she hugged her old friend and led her to Anjali's bed.

"Kaise ho, Anjali bitiya?" [How are you, Anjali?] Dadi asked, reaching out to hold her great grandson. "Aur aap, Arnav?" [And you, Arnav?] She looked up at him but only met a stony expression. Arnav walked out of the room. Khushi was shocked at this disrespect and was about to follow Arnav outside to reason with him but Nani intercepted her.

"Aao Subhadra, hamari bahuon se milo. Yeh hai Payal bitiya, Akash bitwa ki patni." [Subhadra, let me introduce to the other members of our family you haven't met yet. This is Payal, Akash's wife.] Payal stepped forward and touched her feet. Dadi placed a hand on her head in blessing but seemed disinterested.

Nani continued with the introductions. "Aur yeh Khushi bitiya hai." [And this is Khushi] She paused, realising that her next words were not going to go down well. "Arnav bitwa ki patni" [Arnav's wife.]

Arnav bitwa ki shaadi ho gayi aur kisi ne hame batana zaruri nahi samjha." [Arnav got married and no one thought it was important to inform me?] Dadi looked from Nani to Anjali, demanding an explanation. Khushi also reached down to touch her feet. Dadi shifted away from her, took Shubh from Anjali's arms and began to walk around the room with him. Flustered, Nani tried to control the situation as best she could.

"Akash bitwa, aap Khushi aur Payal bitiya ko ghar le jaiye. Manorama aur Mahendra, aap bhi NK bitwa ke saath ghar jaake naashta kar lijiye. Baad mein mandir ma bhog chadha dena."

[Akash, take Khushi and Payal home. Manorama and Mahendra, you too should go home with NK and have breakfast. After that you can go to the temple.]