• THIRTY-ONE •

A Week Later

A Week Later

I come out of the studio going over to Messiah and Ezekiel, we've been in here every day this week Kyle had them my first two days in here then he flew out to Flint Michigan for some charity events and other work ventures. I bend down kissing their foreheads saying "my babies have been so good"

Ariana comes over replying "they just love hearing momma sing and they really love seeing auntie grande"

EZ grabs my hand as the music producer tells me "look listen here"

He plays the track then Ari responds "she sounds amazing"

He says "but don't you think that you can hit that high note even higher, I mean your so close"

I nod replying "let's give it another go"

I must have spent another two hours trying to hit the high not but I did it, I may have lost my voice and need to whisper for the rest of the day but we got it. I sit down on the sofa feeding Messiah as we listen to the song over and over again to see if we wanted to tweak anything. There's a knock on the door it's opened then in pops Vinny, Kyles manager he asks "Hey Guys, Selena May we have a word"?

I nod getting up walking out into the hall with Vinny I give him a quick hug saying "Hey Vinny, what's up I thought you were in Fling with Ky"

He nods replying "I was but every single day he's been on me"

I laugh telling him "come on you know Kyle he's a perfectionist he's only got what, five more days out there"

Vinny responds "well he's been difficult these last four days"

I exhale saying "once it's all done-"

He cuts me off replying "it's not the events it's you and the boys he keeps on asking about you calling me to check in on you, he's so anxious because you and the boys aren't with him"

I tell him "it's his first time away from home like this I mean, I know if be going crazy if they weren't with me"

Vinny responds "Selena it's just- he literally made me fly out here to check up on you guys"

I laugh saying "alright now he's just a little crazy we're like always texting, he always calls me or FaceTimes me just checking in, we're legit in constant contact"

He replies "I know he won't let go of his phone right now because he knows it's his connection to you and the boys he hasn't been sleeping or relaxing, you know how bad that is for his training he can't be doing that to his body and mentally it's just bad for him"

I tell him "I'll give him a FaceTime later give him a little pep talk"

Vinny responds "the only way that Kuz is gonna relax is if you come out"

I exhale saying "I mean I feel bad as his wife but how am I supposed to just travel with two four-month-old twin babies all the way to flint that's like a four in a half hour flight"