Here Comes A Thought (SSF)

Based on the song "Here Comes a Thought" from Steven Universe, sung by Estelle and AJ Machalka(Stevonnie's voice actress)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thomas, this is ridiculous! You are being ridiculous!" Jon yelled, making his boyfriend flinch away, tears pouring down his face.

"Until you can talk to me like my boyfriend and not some dumb baby, I'm leaving!" Jon continued, reaching for his keys and slipping on his shoes.

"Wait-no! Jon!" Thomas called after him but was only answered by the front slamming shut. Thomas felt himself go numb, and he sat on the couch, then lied down, facing the back of the couch.

He heard his sides summon, guessing he subconsciously summoned. He rolled onto his back and looked at them. The eyeshadow under Virgil's eyes was dark and runny, his hair a mess, his eyes red. Patton was wrapped in a blanket, sitting on the floor and quietly crying. Roman staring at Thomas, tired and upset.

But Logan surprised Thomas the most. Logan looked dazed, his hands trembling and very obvious tears pouring from his eyes, yet no sounds came from him.

Logan looked at Patton and approached, holding out his hand. Patton took it and Logan pulled him to his feet, spinning him in a dance then pulled him close by the waist, pressing their foreheads together. A bright flash later, Dr. Emile Picani appeared, staring somberly at the ground. "Remember what Garnet taught us, Thomas," Emile muttered, hugging himself.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust

The therapist's soft singing voice caught Thomas, Virgil, and Roman's attention.

Here comes a thought, that might alarm you

What someone said, and how it harmed you

Thomas thought back to the fight immediately.

"Jesus, Thomas, why do you always let yourself think so negatively?! You're always so...negative!"

"You act like it's my fault you can't handle your emotions!"

"Until you can talk to me like my boyfriend and not some dumb baby, I'm leaving!"

Thomas cringed, feeling the tears coming back.

Something you did, that failed to be charming.

Things that you said are suddenly swarming

"You love me, right, Jon?" Thomas asked, sitting next to his boyfriend on the stairs, leaning on him.

And, oh, you're losing sight, you're losing touch

All these little things seem to matter so much

Thomas thought of all of the insults Jon and himself yelled at each other as they fought.

That they confuse you,

That I might lose you

Emile sang, looking back at Roman and Virgil, then hugged himself tightly.

Take a moment, remind yourself to

Take a moment and find yourself

Take a moment to ask yourself  if this is how we fall apart?

Thomas watched as Emile began to glow, his body starting to fall apart. It quickly stopped and Emile was himself, smiling.

But it's not, but it's not, but it's not, but it's not, but it's not

It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay

You've got nothing, got nothing, got nothing to fear

Emile unfused, Patton and Logan looking each other in the eyes.

I'm here

I'm here

I'm here

Thomas sat up on the couch and Logan and Patton sat on his right, Roman on his left, and Virgil on the floor.

Here comes a thought, that might alarm me

Thomas began looking at Logan and Patton.

What someone said, and how it harmed me

Thomas looked at Roman.

Something I did, that failed to be charming

Thomas reached for Virgil's hand and held it, looking into Virgil's still messy face.

Things that I said are suddenly swarming and, oh

I'm losing sight,

I'm losing touch

He glanced to the corner of the room to see Deceit pressed up against the wall, his bowler hat on the ground, his ungloved hands running through his hair.

All these little things seem to matter so much, that they confuse me

That I might lose me

Virgil began to sing,

Take a moment, remind yourself to

Take a moment and find yourself,

Take a moment and ask yourself if this is how we fall apart?

Roman took over,

But it's not, but it's not, but it's not, but it's not, but it's not

It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay

Thomas took over, squeezing Virgil's hand.

I've got nothing, got nothing, got nothing, got nothing to fear.

I'm here, I'm here, I'm here

Patton and Logan joined in,

And it was just a thought, just a thought, just a thought, just a thought

Virgil and Roman followed suit,

It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay

We can watch, we can watch, we can watch, we can watch them go by

From here, from here, from here

The sides returned to their respective spots, watching Thomas.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust

Thomas watched the sides sink, along with Deceit.

"Thomas?" Jon's voice rang out through the apartment, making Thomas jump.

"Uh, I'm in here," Thomas said, watching for Jon. Jon walked into the living room and sat by Thomas.

"Listen, I'm sorry about earlier. It's okay if you get insecure, Thomas, I understand it all too well. Just remember, I love you a lot," Jon whispered, hugging Thomas.

"I love you too, Jon," Thomas whispered back, hugging him tightly.