Faded (Custom SS Introduction)

Seeing Remus like this is upsetting.

"He hasn't been the same since he...faded," Virgil muttered in his breath.

He hasn't?

"Who, Virgil?" Thomas asked.

Oh, this must be Thomas. Never got to meet him.

"Kiddo, you're treading on...some pretty sensitive things," Patton warned, looking between Virgil, who was on the verge of tears, and Thomas, whose face was twisted with confusion.

Does it still hurt, Virgil?

"No, it's alright, Patton," Virgil said, chewing on his lip.

"Are you sure, Kiddo?" Patton asked, tugging nervously at his cardigan sleeves.

"Yes, Patton, as long as Thomas is willing to know," Virgil sighed, hugging himself.

"Of course, Virgil. I want to know you guys better," Thomas said, looking between his facets.

"Thomas, I had a brother," Virgil said suddenly and loudly. The room went silent. Logan, Roman, and Thomas stared in shock. Patton hugged himself at the sound of the yell, shrinking slightly into his shirt. Deceit and Remus sank in with distant looks on their faces.

"Had?" Thomas asked, carefully.

"He...faded," Virgil choked out, covering his mouth, tears falling. Thomas recoiled slightly, hating to see any of his facets cry. Remus walked over to Virgil and hugged him tight, Virgil returning the hug, sobbing into Remus's sash.

Oh you two would've been the hardest hit, huh? I miss you guys too.

"Your twin was wonderful, Virgil," Deceit said, barely above a whisper. "He was gone too young."

"How did he...fade?" Roman asked, tears in his eyes, not even wishing such a fate on his twin.

"A cave took him. The Abyss," Remus whispered, looking sadly at the wall. Patton flinched at the name.

"The Abyss?" Thomas asked, looking between the hugging dark sides and Patton.

"Thomas, the Abyss is a place that is where your darkest thoughts come and go from," Patton explained, uncomfortably. "After what happened to Virgil's brother, we sealed it off for good."

"We?"

"Deceit, Remus, Virgil, an old friend, and I," Patton said, looking at his feet.

"Fading is an agonizing process, Thomas," Logan said, leaning against the stair's railing now, clearly overwhelmed. "None of us would wish that upon each other, no matter how much we hated each other. It starts with their skin turning near white."

"Then their eyes becoming dull," Virgil continued.

"They start to become ill," Deceit said.

"Then, just like that, they're gone," Remus whimpered out.

Am I really gone to them?

"What was his name, Virgil?" Thomas asked.

"Viktor...with a k...he was Paranoia," Virgil said, looking at Thomas with sad eyes. "I took on his responsibilities, that is why your anxiety, I, heightened."

Hello? Can any of you hear me?!

"Goodness, Virge," Roman muttered, feeling tons of guilt wash over him. He remembered that every time that he would say Virgil was being paranoid, Virgil would flinch and snap. "I'm so sorry."

"It's alright, Roman, you didn't know," Virgil said.

Hello?! Please! Someone answer me!

"I just wish he would come back," Virgil whispered, pulling away from Remus and hugging himself.

Virgil! I'm right here! Please! You can hear me right?!

HELLO?!

HELP ME!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meet Viktor Sanders/Burton, Virgil's twin brother.

Paranoia.

UH

His romantic partner/significant other is Remus.

:)

Welcome to the Sanders' Sides Squad, Viktor.