16

Leah Beau

"How much longer is it going to take?" I whine and Mason huffs in annoyance because this is the 10th time I've asked him this exact same question and I started getting on his nerves about the 4th time I asked him.

"The answer-" Mason speaks gripping the wheel tightly. "Is the same as it was the last 10 times you asked it!" Mason grits his teeth and I look away smiling knowing I'm annoying him.

"You just love pissing me off don't you?"

"I'm sorry! I didn't know you were getting pissed!" I fake a frown and then pout and he sighs loudly.

"Djävulsk kvinna." (Devil Woman) He mutters something in Swedish under his breath and I furrow my eyebrows at him and when he looks at me he just shrugs. He's not going to tell me what he said.

Well okay. Two can play at this game as well.

"Bâtard chétif." (Puny Bastard.) I mumble under my breath looking out of the window at the road. When I glance at him he has a small smile dancing on his lips.

"You should smile more." I blurt out and he looks in my direction for a few seconds and then back on the road. The smile never leaves his face.

"Mm hmm."

"I'm not joking!" I exclaim and he chuckles, his hand moving to rest on my thigh and a small smile comes up on my lips. I guess holding my thigh in the car is just something he can't stop himself from doing.

"I know you're not joking." His hand massages my thigh and I sit back enjoying the feel of it.

"Hey... You think you could drive from here?" He asks and I look towards him as a grin appears in my face and I nod. I shift over to his seat and sit on his lap taking over the wheel and the accelerator. He slowly moves his foot from the accelerator and stays still as I adjust myself for driving.

"There." He whispers in my ear when I'm settled.

"Don't kill us now." He says and I chuckle as he starts to shift towards the passenger seat and I seat myself on the driver's seat adjusting the seat as well.

To hand me the wheel, he must be really tired.

"I think I've forgotten how to drive. It's been a long time since I last drove." I jokingly say and he whips his head in my direction with wide eyes. I act like I've lost control of the car for a second and he is clutching the seat for his dear life. I laugh when I glance at him and he huffs with frustration.

"Move." He says as his hands go for the wheel but I swat them away with one hand.

"I'm just kidding with you! I got this." I say with a grin but he still looks at me with a horrified expression. "You're going to see how great of a driver I am now." I hum as I press harder on the accelerator making the car go faster. I'm not going slow in an Aston Martin that is for sure.

"I know how great of a driver you are. I remember your driving from 2 years ago." He shakes his head at me and my mouth forms an 'O' as I glance at him from the corner of my eyes.

"How do you know about that?" I gasp and he smirks.

"Easy. I was there."

This man has been everywhere and has done everything and knows everything as well.

"In my defense, the brakes of that car weren't that good." I lie and he scoffs at my response. I make a mistake while driving once and now it will haunt me for life.

I was in Chicago driving the car and my partner was shot in the chest and was losing blood fast, I had to get him to the hospital fast and when I did arrive at the hospital, I couldn't press the brakes fast enough and rammer the car into the wall creating a huge scene. The truth was that I wasn't really paying much attention on the road but instead on my partner because he was near death. I think this is also a very logical reason to be distracted.