12

Leah Beau

I sit in the corner on the chair silently. After taking the bullets out of the man's body, he went to sleep without saying anything else and now I'm watching over him in case anything else happens.

"Your arm." Mason suddenly says and I keep looking at the man. "It's bleeding." He says and I shake my head.

"It's just a scratch." I mutter in a low voice so that my voice doesn't wake the man up. His features remind me of someone irrelevant.

"It could get infected." Mason says and I sigh.

"I don't care." I mutter. There is blood in my nails still and a little blood still dried on my hands after I washed them.

"Stop being such a pain." He says gripping my elbow and pulling me up from the chair and I glare at him snatching my arm away.

"What is your problem?" I ask him in a icy tone.

"I don't want to he working with a sick partner who I'll have to save every second because she was too stupid and stubborn to patch up her wound." He seethes and I glare at him walking to the bathroom and take off my shirt dropping it to the floor and take a look at my arm. It isn't so bad.

I wash my arm and bite the inside of my cheek when I disinfect it and then patch it up. I step out of the bathroom and grab another one of my shirts and wear it. Mason is sitting on the chair that I previously sat on.

"We have to leave soon. Find some other place to stay." I tell him and he remains quiet.

"Why?" He abruptly asks and I cross my eyes at him in confusion. "Why is he still alive?" He asks me.

"We're going to use him." I say looking at the man lying in the bed peacefully.

"We don't need him." He says glaring at him and I sigh sitting in the corner of the bed.

"Yes we do. He's going to give us information on NUPA and he's going to mislead them so that we can do what he have to." I say and he curses under his breath.

"We should be leaving now." I say getting up and walk over to the man sleeping on the bed. I lightly shake him trying to make him wake up and he stirs in his sleep. I shake him a little harder and his eyes flutter open and he looks at me.

"We need to leave." I tell him in a low voice and he nods slightly trying to pull himself off the bed. I grab his arm helping him off the bed and I hear Mason breathe in sharply and I whip my head at him and glare at him.

"Mason I swear." I yell and he curses coming over to me and helping me in getting him up. We walk him down the stairs with struggles, thankfully we found no one on our way and then let him get in the car. The man and I wait in the car while Mason goes back up to get the bag of guns. Guns are always important.

We sit in silence and he's breathing hard.

"What's your name?" I ask him and he takes a few seconds to respond.

"Jace." He says looking away and I sigh.

"Your real name." I say and he looks forward to look at me even though he can't see me.

"Josh." He says and I nod.

"Well then Josh. Rest back there and don't make a noise unless you want Mason to shoot you in the head." I say and his face becomes even more pale in a second and he nods at me closing his eyes and resting in the back seat.

Mason comes back soon and throws the bag of guns in the trunk and sitting beside me in the driver's seat. Of course I didn't get to drive this time either. He throws my laptop on my lap.