4

Leah Beau

"This is unbelieveable." I say as I stare at the TV. I try to wrap my head around all the information I have right now. I get a note and it tells me to not go to the Vice Presidents house. That person is unknown but is apparently trying to protect us from being blown up. I'm followed by Nick all the way from Chicago to Washington D.C and he tells us nothing, the only thing he says is that 'it will all end soon' and that 'we're all going to die'.

I have a feeling that whoever left us the note and Nick are not exactly on the same side.

"Nick said that we were all going to die." I begin. "Did he say that because he thought we would die from the bomb? He knew that we were going to check out the house first?" I ask Mason and he remains silent, trying to figure everything out as well.

"What if the person who killed the Vice President was the one who was responsible for the house blowing up?" I speak again but still no answer from Mason and I throw my hands up in the air out of frustration. "Are you going to say something or are you just going to stay silent like that the whole time? Because if you are then I have no need of being with you to solve this case." I yell glaring at him and he glares at me back.

Slowly he gets up from the bed and walks towards me but I am not going to back down so I stand there with my arms crossed shooting daggers at him with my eyes.

"Leah." He says as he leans towards me trapping me in between his arms as he places his hands on the table behind me. He looks me in the eyes without blinking. "I don't need you for this case either whether you're talking or not so if you want to then you can leave but remember you can't fight as well as me. The first 3 guys you take on and that will be the end of you." He says, his voice dangerously low. His closeness is making my breath hitch in my throat and he notices it which makes him smirk. He leans into my ear, his hot breath fanning against my neck and I gulp trying to stop a shiver from going down my spine.

"You know you need me." He whispers and I knew I had to get away from him. My fingers dig into the skin on my thigh. His lips slightly brush against my ear lobe and I push him walking away from him fast and stand in the center of the room. He was right. I did need him. I might be the best spy but going against 3 trained men in a physical fight would get me killed and considering how this case is going that could happen anytime. I know how to fight and I am good at it, I could best many people one on one but I did need help.

"What're we supposed to do now?" I ask him looking anywhere but him. I look outside through the glass and focus there on the buildings outside.

"Ah questions questions questions. They just don't seem to end with you do they?"

"They would if you would just answer them." I retort and glare at him.

"NUPA has us under its watch and apparently it wanted its agents to go into the house that was bound to be blown up so something tells me that NUPA is trying to get us killed." He says. He has a point and whoever had sent us that note was trying to protect us.

"The person who sent that note..." I trail off.

"The person who sent that note might have tried to save us this time but who knows the next note gets us killed so let's not depend on the notes shall we?" He says cocking his head to the side.

"I don't like being watched." I say as I look up at the camera that is in the corner of the room.

"Do you think NUPA will send us a bomb if we break that camera?" I ask.

"It'll send us a paycheck I know that for sure, a bomb? Maybe." He says. "The two agents. They're dead for sure. Someone took their bodies before the police got there."