CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Kidnapping Sammantha.

SAMM

WICKED is good. WICKED is good... WICKED is good.

My eyes flutter open, and I can see the ceiling above me, light shifting through. Everything was silent. I sit up, propping myself up with my hands. The room was made up logs and nails, and I could see peeks of the woods through the gaps in the walls.

I look over to see a boy sitting at my side, and I gasp. My heart quickened, then died down. I placed my hand over my heart, and stared at the boy. "Tom?" I asked hopefully. The boy had hair the color of khaki, and had tiny eyes that didn't live up to his large, angry caterpillar eyebrows.

"Who are you?" I ask, running a hand through my hair. It was thick and long, and shone in an auburn sheen in the peeking sunlight.

"I could ask the same to you." the boy stood up aggressively, peering down at me. "Do you know where you are? What your name is?"

"I'm.. I'm Sammantha." I paused, to gulp. "I need to see Tom."

"You mean Thomas?" the boys eyes blazed with angry curiosity. "No, you're gonna give me answers, then you're gonna see Thomas. So let's start easy." He sat down, and hunched his band, looking up to glare at me at my eye level. "How do you know Thomas?"

I looked around, suddenly feeling fearful. For the first few moments, I had been serene, if only a little confused. I had no clue where I was, and this boy was not Thomas. I only knew a few things, and a gut feeling tugged at me, telling me that I shouldn't tell this boy what I knew.

I scooted to the edge of the cot, shaking my head. "No... No, please. I just need a moment to think... I need to see Thomas." 

Thomas... Thomas.. I squeezed my eyes shut and gripped my fists, taking deep breaths. If I knew one thing, I knew he'd respond to my pleas... If he could hear. Oh, I hoped he could hear. After a few seconds of no response, I opened my eyes, and gasped. The man was leaning right over me now.

"I don't know what you think you're doing. But we're getting you out of here, so you can think clearly, okay?" His words were kind, but his tone was aggressive. I took another scoot back, gripping the edges of the cot. 

"Please, leave me alone." I whispered, staring up at him. Up close, he looked like a dinosaur, and his breath didn't exactly disspell that illusion. There was something in his eyes- madness. He had been pushed over the edge by something. I wasn't sure what it was- I wasn't sure of a lot of thing, but I knew one thing:

I probably had something to do with it.

Before I could get up, his hands shot out. I gasped in surprise, and scrambled back, falling off the cot. I scrambled to my feet, and rushed to the edge of the room. Flattening against the wall, I tried to search for a door, but he was approaching- quickly. 

"Someone!" I shouted and ducked under his arms, pushing past a table that had a bunch of papers on it. They were falling to the floor. 

"Come here!" The boy shouted. I rushed past his side, but his arms shot out once more, grabbing ahold of my arm. His hands were strong, gripping my arm with a strength that I didn't know he had. He was tall, but he didn't look like he'd actually cause me harm. I yelped and tried to pry his fingers off, but he yanked me forward, and into his arms. 

I struggled, beating against his chest, but he swooped me off my feet and over his shoulder. He gripped my hips and rushed out of the building we were in, ducking to exit. I bumped against his chest and back, throwing my fists against him as powerfully as I could. 

As we rushed out, I could see more buildings, and boys, lot of them. They had been lounging around, but looked up as the boy darted past. They went by my eyes like blurs of color, but it was enough to know that they had seen us. There was yelling. I looked up, through the bouncing, and started to yell, "Help! Help, please!"

I gripped the boys shirt and tried to scratch at him but it was no use. We were already in the midst of a forest before I had enough time to register the boys chasing us. 

Tom! I think desperately in my mind. Tom! Please help me! A boy has kidnapped me and I'm so scared, so so scared. Please help me! The maze is a code! 

You have to find the code.