Chapter XXIV

Cace had texted Crescent his dorm room number wanting her to visit. "Welcome to my room," Cace greeted, happy to see his mate. "Are you hungry?" Cace asked. Cace's side of the room was the right with the bed leaning against the far wall. All his bags were on the floor opened, but not unloaded. "Starving," Crescent responded. Cace grabbed a box of crackers off his desk before getting on his bed. Together they sat on his bed with their backs against the wall. The only sounds were their chewing. "So...you weren't wrong. I do like that boy...his name is Myles," Crescent timidly gushed. She kept her face hidden; knowing she was blushing. "I know, I know I wasn't wrong. As your best mate, I can detect when you are interested in someone. So, how are you going to get him to be your boyfriend?" "He wouldn't be interested in me," Crescent said, pitiful and self-deprecating. "Any boy that does not take an interest in you is either blind or...not a good guy. Why can you not have Myles as a boyfriend?" "I'm shy, timid, and awkward. And there is the major problem I cannot speak, or interact, with the male species." "Well, you have me, a male, and I'm not shy. I will aid in making this relationship happen. You and Myles seem like a nice pairing: Both seem to share a personality that has depth. Now if I discover that he is terrible, I'll tell you, and you'll abandon the relationship." While Cace was completely comfortable, Crescent was tenser. "Okay," Crescent sheepishly answered.

Crescent saw bags on the other side of the room and was curious who his roommate was. "Who are you sharing this room with?" "No one you know," Cace fairly quickly responded. "Does he know you are interested in guys and is he okay with it?" Crescent asked with hesitation. "My roommate does know I like guys; I was honest about my sexuality with him. I told him when we first met. I didn't want there to be any secrets. And he was totally okay with me liking guys; he's actually a supporter of the LBGT community. It's refreshing to know that the 21st century is accepting us. He told me he only likes girls. And I told him I was totally okay with him liking girls." "It's nice to know the world's accepting every sexuality." "It is indeed, but there is still progress to be made. Despite people accepting us, people continue to apprehend the concept of the female and male relationships subconsciously only. For example, when activities include overnights, and there are supervisors, they always divide the males and females. Adults are trying to prevent any sexy time but between the male and female. So, the adults are being hypocrites because they aren't trying to prevent sexy time between the same genders. If they truly want to prevent the youth from getting it on, then pair a boy who likes guys with either a guy who likes girls or a girl. Or pair two guys who both are interested in females. Or pair two girls who like boys. Or pair a girl who likes girls with either a boy or a girl who likes males. If that ever happened it would prove that the world has finally shifted their minds, completely accepting every sexuality." Crescent gave him a satisfied grin.

Crescent and Cace were startled by the room door opening. Both had their heads directed towards the door. Cace was sneaking smiles and grins behind Crescent. And to Crescent's astonishment, Myles stepped out from the shadows. "Cres, this is my roommate, Myles. Myles, this is my best mate Crescent." Cace spoke with a little too much joy and satisfaction. Crescent turned to confront Cace and gave him the eye. "Well, it's dinner," he said, looking at his watch. "Cres and I are going out to eat. Myles do you want to join us?" "No thanks, I'm going to eat at the cafeteria," Myles politely declined. "Well, then we'll eat at the cafeteria. We don't want you to eat alone."

Crescent gave Cace another look. "Umm...okay," Myles did not know how to respond. At dinner, Cace could see that neither Crescent nor Myles were going to talk voluntarily. "Myles, what instruments do you play?" Cace asked. "I play the piano, trombone, and oboe," Myles spoke softly, exchanging looks with Crescent and Cace. "You play three instruments," Crescent and Cace said in sync. "Most of the students in the music program play only one instrument." Finally, Crescent had spoken directly to Myles. Dinner was Cace talking mostly and entertaining them with his antics.

After dinner, Cace led them towards the campus' courtyard. "Where are you taking us?" Crescent asked, curious. "We're giving Myles a tour of the campus. This campus is spectacular, and Myles probably appreciates its beauty earlier today." Cace said. It was a beautiful, clear evening with a bright full moon. Cace had led them to an enormous theater, "This theater was given to the music program. So, you probably will find yourself in this theater more than any other theater." He guided them through the theater. On the stage was a grand piano. Cace took a front row seat, "You should play for us," Cace announced.

"Umm.," Myles said, shyly. "You should," Crescent said, encouragingly. Myles timidly and reluctantly walked onto the stage. He was cautious with all his movements. Before playing, Myles admired its beauty and felt the piano keys. Crescent had followed Myles onto the stage. She stood next to the piano. Myles closed his eyes after placing his fingers on the keys. He took a deep breath and began playing. Crescent watched his fingers gracefully move along the keys. Myles was playing a masterpiece. Crescent was smiling from head-to-toe. The music was putting everyone at peace. Myles had gotten his body into the rhythm of his fingers. The entire time Myles's eyes were closed. Eventually, Myles opened his eyes and saw Crescent's dazzling smile. Her smile was contagious, and Myles could feel a large smile forming on his face. Myles played a little bit longer before suddenly stopping. "Okay, so I provided you with some of my music. Know it's your turn to provide us with some of your dancing." "No," Crescent shyly said. "Yeah," Cace yelled. "I have nothing to dance to," Crescent replied. "I'll play the piano," Myles answer, delighted. Crescent slowly moved to the center of the stage. Crescent looked over at Myles, who was giving her a grin. Crescent looked out to Cace for encouragement. Cace put two thumbs up. As the music began, Crescent allowed her body to move around the stage. The music had taken over her body. Both had gotten lost in their performances.

When Myles's fingers ceased playing, Crescent's movements ceased. "Where did Cace go?" Crescent asked Cace had escaped during their performance. "He probably returned to our dorm," Myles replied, not concerned. Crescent stood looking out at all the empty seats and gave a quiet sigh of irritation. "So, I don't know how to get back to the dorms. Do you know a way back to the dorms?" Myles asked, slightly embarrassed. Crescent graciously walked him back to the dorms. "You're an incredible dancer," Myles timidly complimented. "Oh, thank you: You are an amazing musician," Crescent replied, bashful. Both were turning red, but lucky neither could see in the dim light. It was a quiet stroll. At their return, they found Cace sprawled out on his bed. "Welcome," Cace said cocky, looking at Crescent. Crescent returned with a glare. There was a pillow on the ground, so she decided to chuck it at him. It hit him in the abdomen. After the impulsive move, Crescent fled the room. Cace threw his arms up in confusion, while Myles looked onward chuckling.