Chapter XXX

"So today, you and Crescent are going on a road trip before heading back to school," Hal said, somewhat invasive. "We're going to scatter Crescent's mother's ashes." Myles politely replied. "You like her, why not date," Hal attacked. Myles rolled his eyes in annoyance. "You and I are miserable and rightly so. But that doesn't mean we don't deserve happiness. You shouldn't let a chance to be happy slip away." Hal was not goofing around; he was genuinely concerned. "We're the ones left to face the world. So, how are you going to move forward?" "I don't know," Myles replied, contemplating his question. Myles left with the conversation weighing heavy on his mind.

Grandma Bethany drove the youngsters to the countryside, where Crescent's grandparents were buried. Bethany stayed behind in the car. Crescent opened the jewelry box and took the ashes in her hand. She stood over her grandparents' grave, letting the ashes slip through her fingers. Myles could see the pain it brought her, but she was doing it for her mother. It stung him because he knew he was going to do the same soon. Crescent needed to sit for a moment. Myles joined Crescent on the ground; he brought Crescent into his body. "So, when we get back to school...do you want to go on a date?" Myles awkwardly asked. "Yeah, but why have you changed your mind?" Crescent was happily surprised. "Something my brother said," Myles gave her a loving smile. They let the fresh air hit their bodies. "Your parents are very wise, they have helped me the last week," Myles complimented. "Good, their wisdom has helped me through the years." She got up then helped Myles up. "I will need you this year," he was slightly flirty. She took his hands into hers and looked straight into his eyes. "And I'll be there."

The next day, they boarded their plane. Myles had a spare piece of notebook paper. He started writing on it. "What are you writing?" Crescent asked. "I don't know," he replied flustered. "If I wrote a letter, do I get a place on your wall?" Myles kindly asked. "Yes, and a frame," Crescent answered sweetly.

Do you feel invisible? Everyone has left...we are doing fine? Not quite...we are just putting on a façade. Sometimes we want people to believe in the façade because we want space. Other times we want people to know it is a façade. But people can't differentiate between the two. Most of them believe in the façade. Then there are times that we need attention, but no one is around. It's already hard for us to express our feelings because it is a sensitive subject. We just need ears. Where is everyone? The people we have lost, deserve all the remembrance and dedication. Let them rest in peace. But, what about the ones, who are left behind to suffer and battle? We need some attention.

P.S. Crescent you are one of the most important people in my life.

-Myles Adam Colton Kennington-

Myles neatly folded the piece of paper and held it out for Crescent. He gave her a look of satisfaction and adoration. She returned a look of proudness and took the entry. Instead of reading it, she tucked it inside her bag.