12

Zyolin

I looked in the mirror to make sure everything was in check, from my slick back puff to the shoe laces on my vans.

It was Thursday and tonight we were all going to our school's annual bonfire

It was Thursday and tonight we were all going to our school's annual bonfire. We had a bonfire every year the night before we faced the jaguars, our biggest rivals.

I walked down my apartment steps to see Carlos leaning on the hood of his car.

"You always tryna be like me!" He groaned while getting in the car.

"No, you want to be like me." I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up, you look nice for a change asswipe." He told me as he pulled off.

"Haha, very funny. Why were you standing outside?"

"Girl you know how many fine bitches live in your apartment complex? While I was waiting on your slow ass I got 3 numbers! I'm getting some pussy this weekend my dawg."

"A whole mess." I shook my head at him while applying some lip gloss.

The bonfire didn't start until 7 but people still were in the area early just socializing and lounging around.

When we arrived I was greeting by Ryan, Lexus, Tahiry, and Omarr. Ashley was there too but she didn't speak to me.

"Zy with the titties out, slay my fucking life." Tahiry said grabbing my hand. Her, Lexus, and I went over to the cooler to get some drinks.

"Girl you seen she way Ashley was looking at you?" Lexus asked as she popped open her sprite.

"Yeah I peeped that too." Tahiry added.

"No, I wasn't really paying attention." I shrugged.

"Well forget her. This night is about having fun." Tahiry said before looking around.

"Don't do it at the same time but look straight ahead. That boy is checking one of us out." She told us while looking away.