22

(Sooo I decided to give y'all a lil POV from y'all fav Carlos)

Carlos

So it was a week after the formal. Friday evening. And could you believe a young turnt nigga like me actually had nobody to hang with? Yeah me either.

Zyolin was at her lil boo house, Omarr was kickin it with that bitch, and Ryan and Lexis were having a lil weekend get away. And I damn sure wasn't going to hang with Tahiry. Neither did I want to hang with one of these random hoes.

"Carlos can you help me clean the kitchen up? Ma took my game" christian pouted.

"Why she took your game nigga?"

"Cause I didn't clean the kitchen this morning." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Hell nah you better go clean the kitchen then. I'm not bouta help you, should've been did that."

"Ain't worth a damn." My 11 year old brother said before walking in the kitchen.

"Shut up dick."

I reached over and grabbed my phone looking at the time which read 4:30pm. I sighed hard before going to my contacts. Scrolling, scrolling, Kaitlyn. Why not?

I called her and was about to hang up till she picked up on the 4th ring.

"Carlos?" She asked.

"Yeah."

"Hey..."

"Hey." I replied. Suddenly lost for words. What the fuck to say?

"You need something orrr..."

"Oh, yeah. What you doing today?"

"A little cleaning and reading." She said nonchalantly.

"You spend your Friday nights cleaning and reading? May God be with you."

"I'm going to hang up."

"No, wait." I laughed.

"What do you want Carlos?"

"You wanna grab a bite to eat or something?"

The line was silent for a while.

"Why?" She asked.

"Girl." I said looking at the phone as if she could see me.

"Do you wanna go get something to eat with me? Just something to eat, no I'm not tryna make a move on you or nun like that."

"I could eat."

"Yeah I thought so, be ready at around 6."

"Okay." She said and I hung up.

"Shit." I sighed. Why was that damn girl so difficult? Always think somebody got an ulterior movie. I thought I showed her what I was on the night of the formal.
_________

I watched as she locked her front door and walked to my car. She wore ripped jeans, a slightly over sized sweatshirt with a collared shirt underneath and some custom Air Force ones. I liked the way she dressed. She was wearing her natural 4c hair in a high puff and it suited her well.

"Hello." She said pushing her glasses up on her face and looking over at me after fastening her seatbelt.

"Hello." I greeted back biting back a laugh.

The car ride was comfortably silent for the most part. We arrived at this local diner that I'd go to with my family all the time. It wasn't very popular but the food was great, I was glad it wasn't so crowded.