16

Zyolin

a week after the party...

"Bitch I don't know what to wear." I frantically told Tahiry over the phone.

"Girl ain't you just going to his house?" She asked boredly.

"Yeah but still I wanna look cute!"

"For somebody who claim they don't like this nigga you sure are trying hard as fuck."

"Bi- you know what? Bye, no help at all." I hung the phone up in her face.

I had 30 minutes before Jacoby came to pick me up and I was sitting on my bed wrapped in a towel.

I decided to put my hair in a high puff and throw on something simple.

By the time I had gotten dress I heard a knock on my door.

"Hi" I greeted him.

"Wassup lil lady" he said hugging me. "You ready?"

While in the car I plugged my phone up to his aux.

"What you wanna listen to?" I asked.

"Surprise me."

I turned on rather be ya nigga by Tupac and he nodded his head in approval.

"Aight, I fuck with that."

"Boy what you know bout this?" I asked him. He looked over and licked his lips before he started rapping along to the lyrics.

I don't know what it was but it was something about him that gave me butterflies.

We pulled up to his house which brought back unpleasant memories from when he kicked me out months ago.

He grabbed my hand and led me into the living room.

15 minutes into Netflix and he grabbed my hand.

"I been wanting to ask you something..." he said as he looked up at me.

"I'm listening" I spoke keeping my eyes on the tv while growing nervous.

"You know, we been vibin for a while."

"Yeah..."

"Be my girl." He said while gently putting his hand on my jaw and turning it to face him.

"Why?" I asked genuinely curious.

"It's just something about you..." he started.

I turned my head getting ready to roll my eyes at his typical answer.

"You a strong ass girl man." He spoke.

That caught my attention.

"Not to offend you or nothing but you got exposed last year, everybody bashed the fuck outta you calling you all types of shit. Me? If I had all that hate on me I would've switched schools or some shit." He shook his head.

"And I treated you like shit. Literally put you out my house and everything and you gave me another chance."

"Don't remind me." I cut my eyes at him.