A/n please read!

So it has been brought to my attention that a lot of people have a problem with what happened in the beginning of the book when Tinashe made dark skin jokes about Tahiry.

A lot of people have been stereotyping my book saying it's just like the other ones where the black girl is always the angry and problematic one this and that.

I just want to clarify that yes, it were colorists remarks made in this book. Was I bringing awareness to it? Yes. Was I normalizing it? No

The character who made those remarks represented an angry and jealous bitch who eventually ended up being the bad guy. Who wants to be that person? Those jokes were said to make a point more about the person who said them than who they were directed towards.

Was Tahiry angry? Yes. Was Tahiry problematic at first? Yes.

And if you read far enough then you would see that I explained why. It was cause she had always been treated a different way because of her skin and I brought awareness to colorism by showing how Tahiry was a victim of how light skins always were put above dark skins and that was never right. I incorporated this to give you insight on why Tahiry's character is the way she is. Never to bash any black woman or make them feel bad about their color because I'm not even that type of author. A skin color don't define anyone's beauty.

Those jokes were for character development, no I didn't put them in there for a laugh or just because. I didn't think they were funny at all, I made them lame on purpose.

It kinda piss me off people coming for me as an author because of that. Y'all trying to make it a problem and let me say something else.

There were fat jokes being made about Lexus too. Nobody said a got damn thing about that. Body shaming is just as bad as colorism and it's crazy y'all kept y'all mouths closed about that. If you gone address a "problem" in my book please don't pick and choose. You wanna be so woke, talk about that too. Just as the black jokes were for Tahiry's character development the fat jokes were for Lexus's and the hoe jokes were for Zy's.

And about me making Tahiry the " angry black girl" I have no shame. This book is literally titled hoe and the summary says don't judge a book by its cover. It's a book based on stereotypes and digging deep into the roots behind these "stereotypes." 

With all that being said. Don't try to make me into the inconsiderate author who bashes different skin and body types because that was never me. I write these books as an escape, not to put down anyone.

If it's something you don't like about it then chile you can just leave, no need to speak on it.

Have a nice day my loves❤️.