The Night

Throughout the night Feister couldn't wrap her mind around that she was going on a date with the boy she's known her whole life. It all felt like a dream, and she thought she was going to wake up at any given moment. But of course, that didn't mean it wasn't awkward for the couple. "So..." Feister began breaking the silence. "Nice weather we're havin'," she added with a awkward smile, while thinking, "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Nice weather? Really Johnson? Ya couldn't think of anything' better ta say?! Ya sound like the biggest idiot alive!"

"What the hell could that mean?!" Mush thought. "Is she cold or somethin'? Maybe this shoulda been in the day - but then Jack would give us the "ya don't sell ya don't eat" tawk. Well don't just keep quiet like some idiots an' say somethin' ta 'er!" Mush yelled at himself. Only problem was that he didn't know what to say. One wrong move and this whole date would be a disaster! "Yeah," was all Mush could come up with before mentally kicking himself again.

"Please tell me I's ain't the only one feelin' awkward bout this?" Feister asked with a sigh after a few long moments.

"Are ya kiddin'?" Mush exclaimed. "I's sweatin' like there's a heat wave!"

"Ok, first off, EW!" Feister said. "Secondly. Why is it so...ya know, right now?" she asked. "I's mean, it ain't like we's never been by ourselves fore. So why are we's actin' like this instead of bein' our usual, but stupid, selves?" boy, did it feel good to get that off her chest. It was so weird to think that they've done so much together, But as soon as they go on a date, it's like they've never been alone before.

"Well...I's want this ta be the best date you'se ever had," Mush admitted. "Ya only go on yer first once. An' seein' as yer new ta this whole thing, I's really wanna make it count for ya."

"Yer too sweet sometimes, ya know that, right?" Feister asked as she slipped her hand into Mush's. Which was a mistake. She quickly pulled away and wiped her hand on his chest while saying, "Ya weren't kiddin' when ya said you'se was sweatin' like there's a heat wave." Mush couldn't help but laugh at Feister's reaction. "It ain't funny Mush for brains!" Feister exclaimed as she punched Mush's arm as he continued to laugh.

"Looks like awkward walked out the door," Mush said with a little smile. And, it was true, because after that, things were as if it was another day. Yet, there was still one tiny problem. Which was the fact that Feister is wearing a skirt. As in something she couldn't breathe, much less walk, in. Seriously, how did other girls do it everyday? If Feister had it her way, she would've worn a nice pair of pants and a clean shirt, with her braids. But no. Katherine just had to stick her in some girl clothes that were uncomfortable. "Ya look beautiful," Mush said as he laced his fingers with hers. While it wasn't hand holding, this felt just as good. And, maybe a little innocent too.

Feister blushed and smiled. She was feeling butterflies all over. A tingling sensation that made her feel light as air. Feister mentally groaned to herself. The things this boy can make her feel. She hated it, but also loved it at the same time. "So, where is the this date of ours?" Feister asked since Mush has kept their date under wraps. "Just wait, an' see," was his reply. She only smiled and then laid her head on his shoulder.

───── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─────

"That was really fun," Feister said as they walked out of the movie theater. She had never been to the movies before, so it looks like she can add that to her list of firsts. It had been a little chilly in the theater, but other than that she got to eat popcorn while watching a movie that made her laugh till her stomach hurt.

"So, I take it you liked it," Mush asked hopefully. He had to admit, while the going to the moving pictures was enjoyable, the thing that really made Mush happy was getting to watch Feister laugh like never before. Besides all that, there was one tiny fight, which was Feister paying for her own ticket. She eventually got her way, and they split the popcorn fee. Other than that, things had gone over smoothly.