Chapter Seven

Alright, here goes nothing. hope you like this chapter!

Chapter Seven:

Draco didn't leave. In fact, he's been staying with us in the hotel for the past three days. Veronica and I shared the small twin bed giving him the other one. I mainly gave him the cold shoulder, but when I did talk to him it was either a sarcastic remark or snappy remark. I couldn't forgive him. I wish he would just leave, but he wouldn't. Plus, he hadn't figured out how to take my earring out without going home first. Even more surprising, it was actually Christmas Eve. If I didn't hear the muggles outside caroling, I would never have known. The only good thing that has happened is that the hair and eye color faded quickly. Looking like Elvira was freaking me out.

It was late that night. I came out from the bathroom after getting changed and saw that Veronica was completely passed out on the twin bed right in the middle. I sighed, this was the third time this has happened. Draco wasn't back yet, he went downstairs for food. I sat down in the middle of his bed cross legged. I'd just have to wait till Veronica rolled over. I sat there for another twenty minutes, staring at the muggle television. Veronica only moved to take up more space. I wasn't going to move her myself just yet. Then the door opened and I sat up in defensive position. "Calm down it's only me," Draco said as he walked in and then noticed me sitting on his bed. "Ah were you waiting for me?" I glared at his smug look.

He sat down next to me and I wanted to get up, but curious as to what he was doing. "Can you tell me how to get the earring off?" I asked, this time no sass. He didn't say anything. "Or why you even bothered doing that? Keep in mind though, I just may not believe you."

"Why not?" he asked.

"I'll never believe you again," I answered. "You lied to me and I can't trust you." His face showed signs that he was actually hurt, but then again how could I know if it was real? He had played me all last year into defending him and believing that he was good.

"I gave it to you, so that I would know you were safe after I left," I scoffed and rolled my eyes, yeah right.

"Oh, so you knew you were going to leave the entire time?" I asked him and he nodded his head. I shook my head. Unbelievable. He lied the whole year.

"I knew that the Death Eaters were coming-"

"Because you're the one who let them in-"

"-and, I wanted to make sure that you were alright during the battle." I didn't say anything. Was he being truthful or was it just another one of his games? "I checked the book almost every day after that. I didn't tell anyone about it."

"As nice as you're trying to make that sound, I will never trust you again. You can count on that." He looked hurt, almost sad. I didn't care, after what he put me through I hope he feels that way for the rest of his life.

"Your father asked me about you," he said after ten minutes of us sitting there. "He asked where I thought you would go."