Chapter 14

Back at the Estate...

"Did you get the supplies I asked for?"

"Yes. I bought everything you told me,"

"Good. Lauren will never know what hit her, especially since her worst nightmare is hiding right under her nose. And the best part is she doesn't even know it,"

Back to Story...

I woke up suddenly from the feeling of my phone vibrating in my back pocket. I just realized I was basically flopped over the side of Mani's bed. Ally was curled up in a ball on the window sill right in front of me, the same place she sat last night. I sighed and sat up on the bed then put my hand to my head. I had a severe headache from all of the blood rushing to my head through the night. On my way out the door I accidentally tripped over Dinah and fell to the ground. Dinah yelped and got to her feet.

"Who dat? Mila, if dey hurt you I swear I'll-"

"Dinah, it was just me!" I laughed at her violence.

"Whew! Ok, I thought I would have to give somebody a poly beat down!"

"Wwwwhat the heck?" Mani groaned as she sat up in her bed. "Oh, it's just you idiots," She murmured before flopping back on the bed.

"Dang, guys! Why are you so loud at eight in the morning?" Ally whined putting a pillow on her face.

"Wow! Ally is actually crabby for once!" I giggled.

"Shut up, Mila," She murmured.

"I'm gonna go check on Lauren so you grumps can go back to sleep,"

"I'll go with," Dinah recommended. I heard a soft 'thank you' from one of the girls after we left the room.

Lauren's POV

I slowly opened my eyes to welcome the light of the morning. My scars didn't hurt anymore so I decided to force myself to stand. After successfully doing that I made my way to the door and gave it a yank.

"Locked?" I gave it a harsher tug but the results were the same. "JEBODIAH!" I called frantically. "JEBODIAH!!" I was confused as to why Jebodiah may have locked me in my room if I was asleep. I then heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Lauren? Are you awake?" I heard Camila say through the door.