Chapter 21

"Zayn Malik handed you a paper! You know what that means, don't you?" Ally and the others have been bugging Lauren about Zayn's little paper since the concert ended. Not only was Lauren fed up with it, but I was beginning to grow more annoyed with those bozos as well.

   "Guys! It could just be some janky, off the wall coupon for Starbucks or something!" I exclaimed, clutching the steering wheel. The girls just flat out ignored me and continued pestering poor Lauren.

   "Have you read it yet?" Mani asked.

   "No, and I don't plan to." Lauren stated annoyed with her obnoxious friends.

   "Girl, if you don't read it I will!" Dinah threatened, holding her hand out impatiently. Lauren rolled her eyes and gave the girl what she wanted. The girls shrieked while Lauren plugged her ears and I just shook my head in disapproval. Sometimes I swear Lauren and I are the only sane ones.

   "Call me please!?" Mani squealed with joy. "With a smiley face!?"

  "He gave you his number!?" Ally yelled over dramatically.

   "Girl-!"

   "Can you guys just leave Lauren alone!?" I yelped.

   "Ooooh!" The three said in unison.

   "Someone's jealous!" Mani giggled.

   "Am not!" I defended, "I just don't think you should get so worked up about some boy. On another note, you guys are acting like he gave it to you instead of Lauren!"

   "And by 'some boy' you mean Zayn Malik! Member of British boy band One Direction!!" Mani shrieked.

   "Kill me now." I puffed.

   "What is this? Judging with the jerks?" Lauren asked sarcastically, turned around in her seat.

   "We're not judging, we're happy for you!" Ally said handing Lauren the paper just as we pulled over by the black front gate of Lauren's estate. As Lauren made her way up the front steps, Dinah rolled the window down and called after her.

   "HEY, JAUREGUI! CALL ME WHEN YO NEW BAE GETS HERE!" Lauren shook her head, hurried her pace and closed the door quickly behind her.

   "You do realize bae means poop in Danish?" I giggled as we drove off.

   "Mila, I'm part Danish. Don't try to trick me into thinkin' bae means poop, ok?"

   "But it does! Look it up!" I laughed.

   "Oh, I'ma look it up alright! I'ma look it up real g-" Dinah stared down at her phone in silence.

   "What does it say?" Ally asked.

   "One time, Cabello! You were right one time!"