Chapter 17

Dinah and I camped out in Lauren's enormous living room until morning. I slept on the felt red couch while Dinah was in the matching love seat across the room. My eyes fluttered open slowly then I looked over at the train wreck that is my best friend snoring and sprawled about on the seat.

   "Dinah, you are so stupid!" I chuckled as I got up to go to the bathroom. I was met outside the bathroom with a groggy Lauren who had absolutely no idea about what happened last night.

   "Hey, Camz," She yawned still half asleep.

   "Morning sleepy head!" I giggled. Lauren just rubbed her eyes and dragged herself over to the couch I just rose from.

   When I got back Dinah and Lauren were talking about politics which was a bit weird considering Dinah is sixteen. I could understand Lauren since she's pretty much an adult.

   "You guys are soooooo boring!" I groaned as I flopped on the couch beside Lauren hanging my head over the end.

   "Are not!" Lauren exclaimed.

   "Yeah! Being a hundred and eighteen years old and knowing what's going on in the world is no easy task!" Dinah chuckled earning a fist bump from Lauren.

   "Whatever," I said unlocking my phone.

Eight texts from Mani and Ally! "Hey, Lo?"

   "What's up?" Lauren asked.

   "I think Mani and Ally are worried about us!" I giggled showing her how many texts I received.

   "Holy crap!" Lauren exclaimed. "Invite them over here,"

   "Alrighty then," I said as I began typing.

   "Parteh!" Dinah boomed as she stood up and danced around.