Chapter 18

Mani and Ally rushed over as fast as lighting! As soon as Lauren opened the door she was bombarded with questions about whether we were ok, whether anything happened and many others we tuned out afterward.

   "Guys, chill! We're fine!" I laughed from the living room.

   "Oh, thank heaven above!" Ally breathed in relief as she engulfed me in a hug.

   "We thought you guys were attacked or something!" Mani said as she shut the door behind her then joined us in the living room.

   "Nope, we're all still in one piece." Dinah giggled.

   "So what's up with you two?" Lauren asked casually propped up against the wall "We haven't seen you in a while."

   "You mean other than worrying about you guys, nothing." Mani joked poking at Dinah's side.

   "Sorry! We didn't know it was such a big deal." I chuckled.

   "Well we're just happy you're ok." Ally cooed with her hypersensitive attitude. We sat in an awkward silence until someone decided to speak up.

   "So..."

   "So..."

   "Movie night?" I suggested.

   "What movie?" Dinah asked hanging off the couch.

   "Hunger Games?" I once again suggested.

   "Sure." Lauren rented the hunger games and we watched catching fire as well. Everyone else fell asleep except Lauren and I. When the movies were over I was in tears.

   "I cannot wait for mocking jay!" I exclaimed in tears.

   "Neither can I." Lauren stated blandly.

   "You're not crying..."

   "I know." I nodded then I looked away from her for a second then slowly glanced back.

   "Why not? It's a sad movie, don't you think?"

   "I can't."

   "Lauren, no one will think you're weak if you-"

   "No, I literally can't." I stopped then urged her on.

  "Go on." Lauren sighed in annoyance then carried out the conversation.

   "Ever since I... you know... deceased. I haven't shed a single tear. I'm basically emotionless." She fiddled with her fingers like she always does when she's embarrassed or nervous.

   "That's ok! It's not-"

   "Camz, I'm a grenade!" Lauren exclaimed out of the blue. "I can't control myself when the night comes... go to Dinah or Mani, I'm no good for you!" I stood up from the red bean bad on the floor and sat beside her.

   "Lauren, you are not a grenade. You set me free from my own dark fears. Believe it or not, I'm not afraid of you, Lauren even though you consider yourself a beast or monster in the sense." Lauren looked at me with those dangerous green eyes and spoke directly to me earnestly.

   "Camz, sometimes I don't know what you see in me. You'll get what you asked for nonetheless."