Chapter 8

*Matthew*

“Sorry, gotta go visit the Jacks.” Nash said as he ran out of the room.  Sophia was just staring at me.  I didn’t know what to say, I was speechless.  I looked at my hands that were in my lap holding my phone.  I didn’t know what to say, because I had no idea Sophia was there.  I knew that she told somebody about what happened, but just somebody that didn’t know me.  I should’ve told one of my friends back at home, I could’ve called them or sent them a text.  I shouldn’t have told Nash. “What did you tell him?” Sophia mumbled. “what?” I couldn’t hear anything.  “I will ask one more time, WHAT DID YOU TELL HIM?” Sophia was mad now.  “Babe, stop.  I told him about what happened” “What happened?” Cameron said coming out of the bathroom.  God dammit, Cameron is going to know now, I’m dead. “Nothing, Matt and Nash were having a not so private talk and at the end they both stared at me and Nash ran out in a hurry to go and “visit the Jacks”” She put the air quotations when she said visiting the Jacks.  “Okay, Matt what were you and Nash talking about?” I looked at Sophia, she gave me the go ahead look, we both knew that Cameron would find out someday.  But we thought that day would come when we were married at Cameron was my brother-in-law.  “Well I told Nash about what had happened, with Sophia and I.” “Great this must be a long story, I got time Sophia Dallas and Matthew Espinosa, take it away.” Cameron was pissed off and he was mad.  He sat down on the dresser next to the TV.  “Well you know when I came out of the house on the way to go to the airport?” Sophia said her voice was very shaky. “Matt and I were talking about our past experiences with other people. And he mentioned that he had a girlfriend, however before I knew that I went on twitter and tweeted about how cute he was, that he was so hot, and that I couldn’t wait to have you and Matt become best friends.  His girlfriend read the tweet and thought that Matt was cheating on her with me.  She direct messaged me and said that thanks to me her and Matt where done with and that she hoped I was happy.  I felt so bad so I deleted the tweet and I didn’t want you to know about it at all, I felt so bad and thats not something that I was raised to do.” Sophia was bawling her eyes out.  Cameron had the saddest look in his face, I never had a girlfriend, Sophia made this all up.  The thing is, I didn’t talk to her before she left for the trip.  “I’m so sorry Matt, I didn’t know that you and your girlfriend broke up.” Cameron was upset but I had the look of relief on my face because Sophia just saved us completely.  Cameron left the room to go get food with the other guys, I told him I had to get ready.  Sophia wasn’t even halfway done with her hair so she stayed back as well.

“So what really happened before you left for the trip?” I was standing next to Sophia in the master bathroom.  We were getting ready at the Jack and Jill sinks.  “Well if I told Cam what had really happened then it would have lead to what you and Nash were talking about.” “Ok I get that so what happened?” “Well Emilie called me and told me that her mom had Osteosarcoma, I was so sad and I didn’t want Cam to find out because Emilie’s mom is like our mom and Cam thinks of her only as a mom.” “I’m so sorry, I didn’t thats what happened to you, I get why you covered it up, but isn’t Cam going to have to find out sometime soon?” “Matt you’re so stupid sometimes, thats the reason why I kissed you when we first met, Emilie called me and told me that it was a false alarm, there was something wrong with the computer that they used the first time, after testing it 5 times only the first one said that she had Osteosarcoma.” “Wait so you kissed me not because you thought I was cute, but because you were excited?” I’m so upset right now. I was looking at her in the mirror when she grabbed my head and kissed me, I kissed her back.  Our lips fit perfectly together like the last piece of the puzzle.  “I have wanted to do that ever since the first time I kissed, and no you're the hottest guy I have ever seen.” she just stared at me with the biggest smile on her face. Just then I got a text from the group message.

~Matthew Espinosa, do you want anything to eat, also Cam wants to know if Sophia wants anything~

“Hey cutie, do you want anything, Cam wants to know?” I was yelling from the other bathroom because I heard my phone go off and it was in there.  “Yea Matt, um can I have a cheeseburger and fries?” “I’ll tell them.”

~Yea Nash, Sophia wants a cheeseburger and fries and I’ll have chicken nuggets with fries. Tell me when you guys are here so I can clear off the table~

“Matt, I need to ask you something!” “Yes, cutie?” “So when I told Cam that you had a girlfriend was that true or nah?” “Or NAH, I broke up with my girlfriend actually over MAGCON, she wanted to come with but I told her no she couldn’t, I didn’t want her to.  She got mad at me and would bring me presents everyday and did so many nice things to me.  I broke up with her the day before I left and the next day I found out about you.” I had the biggest smile on my face, Soph couldn’t see me because we didn’t know when Nash or Cam would come back so we kept our distance.