Chapter 18

*Cameron*

“Wow she is in a great mood.” She came up and kissed us all goodnight. She normally just yells at me from the other room.  “Lets have some guy talk now that Sofa is sleeping, Cam, Nash you in?” Nash and I responded with a nod of the head. “So, you have feelings for my sister?” “Shut up Nash, we all know that you like Brooke!” Nash started blushing and Matt didn’t want us talking about Brooke. “Okay well I get to date Michelle, and Nash can date Brooke.  Its what we do for each other, plus your dating Sofa.” They both nodded.  “Lets go to sleep, we are going to be partying tomorrow.” We all already had our shirts off, I walked over to my bed and took my pants off because I normally slept in my boxers.  So did the other guys. I got into bed and when I turned to face the wall I fell right asleep.

I woke up the next morning, I went to check my phone when I got a text from one of my favorite people: Michelle.

~Hey babe, I’m so excited to get to see you today~

~I know I can’t wait, when Nash told me last night that you were coming I wanted to get up and dance~

Michelle and I already had a secret little thing going on.  Matt and Sofa knew a little about it but Nash knew nothing and it would stay that way.  We continued texting for another 20 minutes when Nash started yelling at me to get ready.

~I’m getting ready to meet you down in the lobby right now~

Matt and Sofa were going to pick her up and Nash and I would wait in the lobby for them.  We walked downstairs and waited.  “Man where are they, they should’ve been here 20 minutes ago.” After I said that I got a phone call, I picked it up. “Hello, is this Cameron Alexander Dallas.  The brother of Sophia Marie Dallas, best friend of Matthew Lee Espinosa, and the girlfriend of Michelle Kaitlyn Grier?” “Yes this is Cameron Alexander Dallas” I have never told anybody my middle name, I was embarrassed to say it outloud in front of lots of people I didn’t know.  “You need to come to the hospital right away, Ms. Dallas, Mr. Espinosa, and Ms. Grier have all been in a bad accident” My mouth dropped open, “Yes Hamilton Nash Grier and I will be there shortly.” I hung up the phone and grabbed Nash’s arm as I ran to the door that would lead to our rental car.  “Why did you just tell the whole world my full name?” “There are more serious things in the world right now than your full name.” “Like what?” I was going to punch Nash if he didn’t stop. “Like Matthew Lee Espinosa, Sophia Marie Dallas, and Michelle Kaitlyn Grier getting into a bad accident” Nash’s mouth dropped open.  We got into the car and we both started crying.  I drove us to the hospital and we walked in.  “Excuse me, where could we find Matthew Lee Espinosa, Sophia Marie Dallas, and Michelle Kaitlyn Grier?” “They are in serious conditions only family and approved friends can see them” “Well I was the one that was called, I am Sophia Marie Dallas’ brother, Matthew Lee Espinosa’s legal guardian, and Michelle Kaitlyn Grier’s boyfriend.” I shouldn’t have said that, I said it because it was critical conditions right now.  “If you just follow me” We followed her and the nurse showed us the room.  Before we went in Nash was upset and I could see it. “Dude whats wrong?” “Well you’re DATING my sister.” “Man I just said that so they would let us in, if we were dating you would be the first person to find out.” “Well couldn’t you just say you were her legal guardian as well?” I considered it, but I didn’t want them to think I was lying.  Sofa and I were both 19 and Nash, Matt, and their twins were all 16.  We got legal documents to show that Sofa and I are their legal guardians.  “I could’ve but I just wanted to say it, you know you want to say that you’re Brooke’s boyfriend.” We walked into the room, all 3 of them were inside that one room.  “Hello, I take it you must be Cameron Alexander Dallas.” A lady was holding out her hand, in her hand was a clipboard that held all of their information. “Yes and this is Hamilton Nash Grier, Michelle Kaitlyn Grier’s brother.” I took the papers and looked at them.  Matt’s condition was the worst, because he was the one that was drive. “How did this accident happen, may I ask?” “Mr. Dallas, Mr. Espinosa was driving with Ms. Dallas and Ms. Grier in the back seat when a car didn’t stop and a stop sign and drove into the car, most likely a drunk drive.  The person the hit the car is fine and both cars have serious damage.” I broke right there.  Drunk driving.  Some stupid person. “You have to make sure that they don’t die, how big is the chance of that happening?” “There is a 50% chance for Ms. Dallas and Ms. Grier, they were both in the back seat.  However Mr. Espinosa is in a very critical condition.  The risks for him are high Mr. Dallas” No that would be 2 stupid people that took the lives of 3 people.  I lost it even more. “I love you Sofa, I don’t know if you can hear me right now but I love you.  Even though you kept the whole osteosarcoma thing a secret and you and Matthew Lee Espinosa.  I love you and I don’t want to lose you. Michelle, I love you also. You’re the first girl I have fallen in love with and I fell hard.  I believe in you Sofa and you Michelle.  Fight through the pain and live on because I don’t think I can live without you.” I started crying even harder than I had been crying before.  “Matthew Lee Espinosa, I love you man.  I don’t think you know how much you saved my sister.  I don’t know how much you saved me.  I needed you and Nash.  Sofa and I had no friends other than each other.  I need you to live man.  I’m not gay, but I know that my sister can’t live without you.  I know that I couldn’t live with myself to know my brother-in-laws, can’t become my brother-in-laws. I believe in you Matthew, fight through the pain.” I was crying hard and the doctor thought it would be a good idea for us to leave the room for a little bit.  Nash and I walked to the park.  “Man its over.  I’m trying to think positive Nash, I am.  But its killing me not seeing Sofa in Matt’s arms or Michelle in mine.  Brooke is supposed to meet us in Dallas.  I’m not going to break it to her, I wouldn’t be able to and neither would you.” Nash and I just sat there crying when I got another call. “Hello, is this Cameron Alexander Dallas?” “Yes this is, how can I help you?” “Just come to the hospital again, same room as before.” The person on the other end hung up.  “Nash, we are told to go back to the hospital.  Lets go” We got up and started walking.  As we walked in silence we both wiped away the tears on our faces.  We came up to the hospital and we walked inside.  We walked into the room and right before we went in Nash said something quietly to himself, but loud enough that I was able to hear it. “I promised mom I would protect you.” I thought the same thing. We walked in together and I was handed the clipboard again.