Letter 7

Dear Jacob,

I had to help Aunt Jenny with the gardening. I don't enjoy gardening. I can still smell the dirt on my skin. I can still feel the thorns from the roses gently scraping my skin, not enough to cut, but enough to make me feel pain. And believe me, I know that feeling.

I don't feel like I fit into the lovely chaotic family household of my cousins. I love Jake and Susie, they are nice enough, but like all 8 and 10 year olds, very hyper and always want to play. I'm not entirely sure they know the meaning of no.

"Hey Emma, can you walk Clara with me?" "Sorry Su, I'm really busy with school work at the moment..." "Yay! I'll go get my coat then!"

But as much as I complain, I do like them. Robin and I are really good at smashing them at Mario Kart, but they always bounce back, ready for a rematch after school. They are always up for a game of something and they are pretty adorable.

You would love them. I would say they would adore you as well, but they love anyone who will play with them and Clara, and who secretly buys them Smarties, 2 categories I fit into.

Auntie Jenny also enjoys us being down in London. Mainly because I don't mind helping clean the house and I have found my amity in baking, so the house is usually full of countless piles of cookies and sandwiches, and Robin has no issue going into London to buy anything we need.

I think Robin likes London too much. I don't know if she will come back with me or stay with Aunt Jenny. I want her to come with me. Next to you and Ruth, Robin is the only other person I can trust. She would never see me get hurt, like you. I guess that's why I'm writing to you. I want you to come back. I don't really know if you realise how much you are hurting them all. And me. Ever since you went, I've not been right. Robins impromptu midnight feasts aren't as fun, and I wish I could be battling you at Mario Kart. I miss you, Jacob. Please. Please, come back. I would give anything. Just...please.

Love, Emma