Letter 8

Dear Jacob,
We visited one of London's frequently occurring museums today. Just me and robin. No noisy cousins. No cheese snatching puppy. No Aunt worrying about work. Just me and the other half of me. The right half. The half I wish I could be. If I was like Robin, you wouldn't have left...
So we were walking around this science museum. I could tell robin was bored by the fact her hand kept gently drifting to her back pocket where she had stashed her phone, but I was touched she was doing this for me.
She is currently texting someone while we are sat in Costa now. I thought I would write to you. The coffee helped revive my brain, since Aunt Jenny insists on decaf and the museum reminded me of our first date. I think the best thing was it was a total surprise. You and Robin had been conversing, using Facebook, knowing robin. Robin is as addicted to social media as I am to caffeine. Too much.
So I woke up that day to Robin opening my curtains and yelling "Let's go! Big day and all that!" I did what anyone else would have done in the situation. "Urgh" was my reply, and soon I was back under the duvet. So robin walked around my now brightly lit room, singing and opening all my draws, trying to find an outfit for me to wear.I swung myself into a sitting position and cut through her awful attempt at singing. "What are you doing?" I yawned, trying to stop myself being blinded by the suns cheery beams. "Well," she began, tapping her chin and staring at my star chart painted on the ceiling. "Since you were going out today, I thought I would choose you a nice outfit." "Going out?" I mumbled, stretching my toes and staring at my smiley twin. "Yep! With Jacob!" suddenly I was out of bed like someone had thrown a bucket of scalding water on me. "WHAT! I didn't arrange anything!" "Nope!" the cheery smug smile was back again. "That was yours truly and Jacob"
Im pretty sure I swore a few times, and ran to get dressed. Robin braided my hair as I ate Nutella on bread (our toaster had broken when I'd tried to take it apart and forgot how it went back together), grabbed my bag and the coffee Robin handed to me, and ran out the house. We got to the train station, boarded the train, and after we got our seats, Robin turned and smirked at me. "Wow...I'm pretty sure that's the fastest I've ever seen you move! Well, other than when your laptop almost died and you couldn't find the charger!" I frowned, then laughed and said something about how desperate times call for desperate measures.
Reaching our stop took longer than usual, and soon my heart was threatening somersaults in my chest. Robin pulled me off the train, and immediately began searching the crowds for you. Finally we spotted you, and you waved at Robin, and winked at me.
When we reached you, I think I managed to answer your question of how we both were without choking or doing anything vaguely awkward, which was some sort of miracle.
Robin began to lead the way to our mystery destination and you look my hand and held it tight. "Where are we going?" I asked, probably sounding like a spoilt child, but you just squeezed my hand tighter (somehow I think my heart was linked to my hand, for as you squeezed one, the other contracted and leapt about like a gymnast at the Olympics) and simply smiled and winked again. "You'll see." And soon enough I did.
You had brought me to my favourite place. A place that you hated, but I adored. You took me to a, no I mean the, science museum. All day I ran from one exhibit to another, dragging you behind me. But, it wouldn't have been as good without you. I had my three favourite things in one place; science, coffee and you.
I miss that day. Robin doesn't make jokes like you did. It's just not the same when. When you come back, we must go again. You would hate being there, but it the place we went to on our first proper date. So we must go back. I promise we will go back.
Love, Emma