Letter 9

Dear Jacob,
I don't know how it happened. I was just chatting with Robin when I just started to cry. I guess something in the conversation triggered my brain and suddenly everything came rushing back. Robin made me coffee, a kind gesture but futile because it was decaf again, sat me down and refused to let me move until I told her everything. So I told her about the letters.
I was so scared she would yell at me. I guess one thing I cannot fault my sister for is she has patience. When I stopped, I took a shaking sip of my coffee. Unlike Ruth, Robin didn't yell. She just pulled me into the biggest bear hug I've ever had. "How dare you keep this to yourself." She murmured into my shoulder. "You're meant to tell me things. That's what twins are for." She let me cry into her shoulder for a bit before making me drink more of my coffee.
I was just so happy we had avoided an argument. I hate arguments. I still remember the one I had with you. I never ever wish to argue again. I guess that's not an issue anymore, since you left. I wish I could block that argument. Create a link so that when I click on it in my head, it just takes me straight to dancing unicorns or a picture of us sat on the swings.
The argument was over such a stupid thing. How the Earth came to be or something similarly ridiculous. The only thing I remember from my RE lessons ages ago is one idea. 'Science and Religion cannot exist together in harmony.' I used to disagree, but now I'm not so sure.
I wish we had a chance at co-existing. I did tell this to Robin. She just hugged me again, but I think she was starting to cry. I'm a wreak, Jacob. All I can do it write to you, drink coffee and lament about everything. It's not an impressive list. I want us to stop this. I want you back. I want to go home. I want many things. And I always want the impossible.
Love, Emma