Letter 22

Dear Jacob,
Sometimes, I don't feel like I live. I just sleep, wake up, pretend and sleep again. If I never woke up again, would it be that different?
But our story is untold. I can't pretend that what I did was ok. I must admit that. So that's what I'm doing right now.
People pretend nothing is wrong. They look at me with sadness and sympathy, not the loathing and hatred they should taint there stares with.
I wish that you hadn't of gone. I would hand over my soul for that, though I doubt anyone would want that.
I know it's all my fault. I know I can't pretend to be surprised by your actions.
But you made me hate who I am. You left scars, ones that I matched with my own. Not just mentally, Jacob.
You are probably trying as hard as I am to pretend that day didn't happen. But no matter what you do, those thoughts will hunt you like a dog. I know. It hasn't stopped looking for me yet.
I hope that relentless dog hunts you too. Because no matter what I shattered in you, you broke me also.
I know I deserved it, but when your only sunshine begins to burn, it's painful. And I hate you for it. I hate you, I hate you and I can never hate you. You couldn't stop my actions. But you could have stopped your own.
The scars on my heart might fade, even if it takes years. But those tracks carved into my arm, gouges left by your nails in your fit of anger, will never leave my skin.
So neither will my memories of you. No matter how bitter they have become.
Love, Emma