Chapter 1

They walk into the class together, taking their seats in the middle of the classroom. Callum had history, so he wouldn't be joining them for the class.

The teacher then walked into the classroom and began the lesson. They were learning about how the different parts of the world with different factors had effects on what people did or believed.

The day, much to Verity's disappointment, passed by at the speed of a snail. All the teachers were pressuring her to do more work to catch up on the stuff that she missed, and she was so relieved that the holiday was coming up. The bell rang a few minutes ago, and Verity was heading to the trio's meeting spot for the first time in a while. When they saw her walking towards them, Felix and Callum were beyond shocked. They grew so accustomed to being on their own that this was the last thing that they expected today.

"Uh, Verity, what's up?" Callum asked, still surprised.

"Nothing much, just wanted to know if you guys wanted to grab some coffee," Verity replied, Smiling brightly.

"Well, let's go then," Felix said.

The trio walked to the coffee shop, just like how they used to. They pulled up their old normal seats and got started on their homework. Verity glanced around anxiously every few minutes, nervous about what happened the last time that she was here.

"Guys, I'm feeling a bit ill, I think it's time I went home, sorry to cut it short," Verity told Felix and Callum after finishing the majority of her work. She got up abruptly, gathered her things and ran out. She couldn't take the pressure of being in that place any longer. Verity started walking home in hopes of making it back before her mom. Storm clouds had started to gather, causing her to walk faster.

Verity jumped at the nearby boom of thunder. She was shivering, and the rain had soaked her to the bone. She got very nervous because the lightning was drawing closer and closer by the minute. Verity broke into a run, desperate to get home. But instead of her original plan of no obstacles in the way, she slipped in a puddle and landed flat on her back. She groaned as she started to sit up, but as she looked to the sky, she saw a bright blue light rushing towards her. There was a flash of pain, a burning smell, and she knew nothing more than the darkness that consumed her.

-

As I said, a bit longer than the previous one. Hope you enjoy! Thanks for reading :P