8

I've been walking for a couple hours and I'm in Dallas. I figured out where I'm going, I'm going to one of my old friends house. Her name is Melinda but I call her mel. I already texted her. Her and her family aren't the closest so she doesn't mind sneaking me in to stay with her.

When I got there her parents were gone so I ran up the stairs and went to her room. When I knocked on the door she smiled and brought me into a tight embrace. She kissed my forehead and let me in.

"So this is where you'll be staying.. " She pulled out the attic door which was in her room. "Thanks... Really it means a lot... "

"No problem it's least I could do." She said. went up and put my stuff down, there was a blow up mattress and a lamp and that was pretty much it.

"Sorry it's not much but it's better than nothing ya know."

"Yeah it's fine thanks."

"Ok well I'm gonna head to bed" said Mel.

"Ok night." I smiled at her the best I could but I knew I was in deep trouble. The next morning I woke up and noticed there was a small window at the end of the room. There was candles and a couple boxes near it. There was jewelry that looked hundreds of years old.

I slowly made my way toward it. I opened the boxes and there was a pentagram on top. There were herbs and bottles filled with liquid. The and then there was a book.... It looked old.

The pages were tinted yellow and when I opened it it had a bunch of.. Of, spells? It was crazy. I tried to read more but I heard the attic door slowly open...

"I see you found your family's old stuff." Mel said as she entered. "My family's old stuff? What the hell Mel this is crazy what is all this for..?"

Mel had a look of almost sympathy on her face. She came closer and sat down beside me.

"You know why my family and your family stopped talking right? It's because my family are strong Christians , they don't believe in all that stuff. And as soon as your mother spoke up about it to is my mom had enough and they lost contact. This stuff is the leftovers from the night your mom tried to prove she was a witch.
But I believe her. There's no way this stuff can't mean something. I guess when you and your sisters got older she stopped. How do you think your family's so famous? Sure the talent but the luck? It's 1 word. Magic. Your special Olivia. Your whole family is. You need to go back to your sisters and tell them! Take the stuff and show them what you can do with it!"

I was shocked. Me a witch? My sisters a witch? But we were so... Normal? I mean I know we're famous but we aren't fucking supernatural..?!? Or are we..