{13} Fight at the Dance

***

***

The Grill really needs better lighting. It was always so dim in here that I'm surprised people could actually see. I sat at a table with Elena and Bonnie. She explained to us some very shocking news that even I didn't expect. It turns out that she was adopted this whole time. I don't know what to think. There is one thing for sure though, no matter if she is adopted or not, she will always be my family. We grew up believing we were and it feels like we are. We are family no matter what.

"I can't believe you're adopted. I never saw that coming." Bonnie shook her head in surprise.

"And it gets weirder," Elena said.

I sighed and put my head in my hands, "Of course it does. Doesn't it always?" Nothing was ever simple in my life or Mystic Falls. Is it a rule for Mystic Falls to take it one step further than it was originally supposed to? Because if so, it would explain a whole lot.

"I looked at my birth certificate. It lists Miranda and Grayson Gilbert as my birth parents," Elena shook her head, "None of it makes any sense."

I laughed, "Did you expect it to?" Elena nodded a little, "You really are new to this stuff." When you are involved with magic or the supernatural, you always had to expect something worse than what's already happened and you have to expect things to not make sense. For example, when the Ministry believed that Voldemort was not back when there was an eye-witness. There was even proof of him being back, but they never once tried to believe it.

"Which is why you should ask Jenna," Elena groaned at Bonnie's advice. Bonnie started to back herself up, "First of all, the Elena I know would always want the real truth, good or bad."

"And second of all?" Elena ate one of her fries.

"You just found out your boyfriend is a," Bonnie whispered the next part, "Vampire, so unless your birth parents are aliens..," Elena laughed, "How bad could it be?"

"I can think of a few things going wrong," I whispered to myself, playing with my food. For example, if she found out the reason her birth parents gave her up and it wasn't a good one. Or they were deemed as unfit to take care of her because they were involved in a gang or something similar. The list is endless... And those are just the normal reasons.

Elena shook her head and started getting up, "Ah, okay, look, we have to go to the store. My outfit for the dance is severely lacking accessories." Elena pulled me with her to get up.

I whipped my head around to look at her, "I'm going, too?" Elena nodded, "I just wanted to stay home today, though."

Elena only chuckled and rolled her eyes, "You're coming with me whether you like it or not."