{16} Kidnapped By My Cousin's Girlfriend

***

***

This was not how I wanted to spend my day off of school. How did I even end up in this situation? All I wanted was to take a nap after a very stressful situation. If you don't know what happened, let me just explain. I've been kidnapped. Apparently, I left my window open and someone was able to get in. Imagine that. So now I'm being held hostage inside of a hotel room with Elena who had been kidnapped a while after I had been kidnapped. I'm not sure who's taken us yet. I've been faking sleep for a while now. I've been waiting for Elena to wake up before I opened my eyes.

Speaking of Elena, I felt shifting on beside me. That must mean that she's waking up. I slowly opened my eyes and sat up as quietly as I could. I could see a man sleeping in a chair near the foot of the bed. He must've been the one that knocked me out and brought us here. I turned to Elena to see her giving me wide eyes. I brought my hand over her mouth before she could let out a gasp. I brought a finger to my lips, telling her to be quiet. She slowly nodded.

I surveyed the room. There weren't any obstacles that could prevent us to get to the door. The door wasn't that far away either. I looked back at Elena and gestured to the door with my head. I slowly got off of the bed and started inching my way to the door. If this guy was a vampire then I had to be extra quiet. He could also be a wizard. If he was a wizard then I wouldn't have to worry about making too much noise. I'll still try to be quiet though to be on the safe side.

Moving my head to see behind me, I saw that Elena was still following me. I wanted to let out a sigh of relief, but I didn't. I gestured for her to keep following me. The man's leg was outstretched and I had to end up stepping over it. I was filled with anxiety while doing this. One wrong move and it was over for us. I walked a little ways away and watched as Elena did the same thing I did.

I didn't hesitate to rush my last few steps. The door was literally right there. It was within arms reach. Elena had quietly rushed over to it as well. She unlocked the deadbolt on the door. My head whipped around to see if the man had woken up. He was still asleep. I gave Elena a nod to tell her to keep going. Elena turned the lock on the door handle and I heard a whoosh. I deflated at the sound. Of course, it would have been the lock that turns that gave us away.

"I wouldn't." The man said.

I let out a small groan, "Why does this seem familiar?" I spun around to see the man standing behind us. Elena gasped in shock. She probably didn't hear him. At least I knew that he was a vampire now.

The man took a step towards us and looked deep into our eyes, "Don't try to escape. Don't even move. Do you understand?" So he knows compulsion? He was either really confident or really dumb because it didn't seem like he checked us for vervain.