Prologue

We're sitting on the couch, watching a movie. Then Alex gets up. "Hey (Y/N(Your Name))?" "Yeah?", I ask. "I'm gonna get us some popcorn.", he says as he steps into the kitchen. "Oh, ok.", I reply as I continue to watch the movie.

A few minutes later, Alex comes in the living room with a big bowl of popcorn. An hour goes by and we have an empty bowl and a finished movie. "Hey Alex, I'm gonna go upstairs to record." "Ok, just make sure you come down for lunch when you're done.", Alex says. "I will!", I yell as I run up the stairs to my bedroom.

I should probably make a Mad City video about the Death Ray update.

Sitting down at my desk, I set up everything and turn my camera on. "Hello everyone my name is (Y/C/N(Your YouTube Channel Name)) and today we will be checking out the Mad City Death Ray."

An hour of successes and failures go by when all of a sudden, I hear, "(Y/N)! Come down for lunch!" I run downstairs to find (Y/F/M(Your Favorite Meal)). "Alex! You shouldn't have!" Alex laughs and replies, "I had the ingredients. So I made it." Running towards Alex, I hug him and say, "Thank you so much!" He hugs back. "You're welcome."

We finish eating when Alex goes upstairs to record. I walk back upstairs and into my room to edit my video.

Another hour of successes and failures go by and I decide to walk into Alex's room to see what he's doing. I walk in to see a sleeping Alex laying on his bed. I walk out and decide to go to sleep as well. I am pretty tired. I walk into my room and fall into a deep sleep on my bed.

Alex's POV

I wake up and check my phone.

5:00 PM. Is (Y/N) up?

I walk to (Y/N)'s room to find her sleeping on her bed.

I should probably wait a little bit and see if she wakes up.

I walk downstairs and make myself a snack. Later, we're gonna go sit by the lake. It's a good idea and (Y/N) will love it. A few minutes later I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. Then I see (Y/N).

"Hi Alex...", she says in a tired voice. "Hi.", I say. "Just to let you know, we're gonna go to the lake later." "Ok..." She walks over to the couch sit down. I walk over and sit down next to her. "What are you gonna watch?", I ask her. But I don't get a response. Then she says, "This show.", pointing at the TV. "Oh, Amphibia? What's that?" "It's a TV show.", she says, unamused. "Ok. Well, I'm gonna go upstairs and edit my video." "Ok Alex, I'll be down here if you need me.", she says. I walk back up the stairs and start editing my video.

(Y/N)'s POV

I watch Alex walk upstairs and I click the next episode. I had already started watching the show a few days back and I loved it. I lay down on the couch as the theme song plays.

A couple hours later, I'm crying on the couch when I hear someone coming downstairs.

I knew I was too loud.

"Hey (Y/N), I heard crying down here. Are you o-" Then he looks at me. "Oh, you are not ok..." He runs over to me and starts to hug me tightly. Then Alex screams worriedly, "WHO DID THIS TO YOU?!" I wipe my tears away. "Alex, it was just something that happened in the show." He looks at me. "Oh..." I giggle. Then he looks at the door. "Well, it's time to go to the lake. You ready?" "Yes.", I say. We walk out of the house and get in the car.

The drive is pretty silent. We make it to the lake, and Alex starts chatting about YouTube and Roblox. We both laugh at our jokes. And then all of a sudden, I start to feel hungry. "Hey Alex, I'm kinda hungry. Can we go eat at Qdoba?" "Yeah, sure!", Alex replies.

We drive to the nearest Qdoba and get some burritos. We sit down and start eating. Then Alex asks me, "Hey (Y/N), how many more days till your 20th birthday?" I laugh and reply, "You figure it out, silly! You should know. You're my brother!"

Alex and I are only 3 years apart. He's been in my life the longest and he's the closest person I know. I don't know what I would do without him.

It is currently April 11th, 71 days until my birthday.

Alex should know my birthday. June 21st is 71 days from now.

Then I see Alex doing something on his phone. I try to see what he's doing but I can't see anything. "71 days.", he says. I place his phone flat on the table, only to see Google open and that Alex typed in, 'how many days from april 11 to june 21' "Ha! Got ya!", I say, making Alex pout. We continue talking and finish our burritos. Then we walk to the car.

It's 10:00 PM and it's kinda dark out. Alex's eyes are focused on the road and I stare out my window. "Hey, Alex?" "Yeah?" "How many days until your birthday?", I ask. "Well, its April right now, so May, June, July, August. So 4 mont-" "ALEX LOOK OUT!"

Alex's POV

I see the car in front of us. Everything goes in slow motion. A red truck drives at full speed, not stopping at the red light. My eyes go wide as (Y/N) yells. For a second our eyes meet each other. Then I see her head slam against the window. The impact of the hit sends the car tumbling and my head to the driver side door.

We're dead.

~~~

Broken glass.

Ambulance sirens.

Tears everywhere.

"Alex! Please wake up!"

Their sobs fill my head.

I don't wanna know. I don't wanna know.

"Please don't leave, Alex!"

I feel someone's hand touch my arm.

I have to wake up.

"I'm here.", I breathe.

A man sighs as he grabs my hand, "I thought you were gone."

That voice seems familiar. That's Denis, right?

"Don't tell me anything yet, Denis. I don't wanna know.", I say, keeping my eyes shut.

(Y/N).

Where is she? Is she ok?

I finally open my eyes to find myself in a hospital bed. I turn my head to see Denis with tears down his face.

"Hi.", I smile.

"The doctors said that you've been sleeping for 15 and a half hours.", Denis says.

15 and a half hours...

"They also said it's a miracle that you came out alive with no brain damage."

"Where's everyone else?", I ask him, feeling anxious.

"They're outside.", he says with a crack in his voice.

They aren't with (Y/N).

I sigh as I say the words I will regret.

"Denis... wheres (Y/N)?"

"Alex, I'm so sorry!"

No, she can't be. I don't think. I don't move. I don't cry. It feels like I'm empty inside, with no purpose. I don't wanna accept it but I have to,

(Y/N) is dead.

Thank you guys for reading this very long chapter(took me like 2 hours to write)!

See you in the next one!

😜