chapter seventeen; fangirls and pizza

"I mean it's not that hard if you think about it," Aileen mumbled as she kept on examining his room, deciding to choose neither of the two choices. It was like a multiple-choice, really. Just if she would choose she had to tell them why she had circled A or B. "Calling somebody an asshole is a typical thing for a fangirl. I am a fangirl and I call people assholes sometimes. Easy as that."

"Easy as that?"

"Yeah."

"Come on here."

She turned around to look at him, to see him sitting on the chair and nodding his head to the side as a sign for her to get over there. Why, she didn't even want to try and figure out. She was fine standing here, safe, a foot away from him. "What?"

"Come on here," he repeated.

"Why?"

"Because if not, I'm telling the boys to get pizza by themselves and we're going to stay here," he extended his hand to her and her first intention was to tell him to shut up and that he shouldn't threaten her, but she didn't. She walked over to him instead, grabbed his hand. In one quick move she was pulled on his lap and she was sitting comfortable, his arms around her middle to keep her close and to keep her from falling off. He kissed her cheek, having her push his face away as she giggled.

"You're such an asshole."

"I know and I'm sorry for being one."

It felt like she melted on the inside once it left his mouth and she couldn't help but smile widely, touching his cheeks with both of her hands. It made him glance at her lips, glancing up at her eyes before she would notice. But she did notice, playing with the piercing he had in his left ear. "You should be."

"What if I take it back?"

"Then I'm leaving by myself."

"What if I'm not letting you?"

Aileen didn't even think about it, knowing she wasn't able to anyway. Even if she was able to, she didn't want to. She liked sitting on his lap, being in his warm and strong arms and she wondered why the hell she was so scared to stay alone with him at house or hang with a bunch of guys, including him, in the first place. Or why she was so scared and had to be prepared to kiss him, because how their faces were so close that their noses were almost brushing against one another and how he was being so sweet, she knew she was ready. That she maybe had been ready for a long time and that she didn't have to worry about Ariana, because they were over and they got closure.

So, she leaned in and pushed her lips against his, feeling sparks fly everywhere like fireworks. This was it, butterflies exploding in her stomach and her heart beating faster. This was it, both of their mouths slightly opening to let their tongues play so less complicated than it had been with the one with Luke and him lying his hand in the crook of her neck. This was it, them kissing and she knew it was right. There were sparks and fireworks and everything she had hoped for. This was it, this was good. This was amazing.

"You're doing this if I'm not letting you leave by yourself?"

"If it helps," she smiled, slowly pecking his lips again and again and again. He smiled too, only he shook his head as he brushed a piece of hair out of her face.

"No, if you're doing this," now it was his time to kiss her, showing her what he meant with this and it made her blush. It was because he did in such a special way; touching her lower lip with his thumb before he would. "It's only making it harder for me to let you leave."

"Then don't let me leave."

"I won't. I want you sleep here tonight."

"If I will tonight, I won't tomorrow."