CHAPTER 20

Jungkook POV

*Flashback*

What the hell am I doing here again?

I sighed looking at the big construction in front of me. It’s been years since the last time I’ve been here.

I took a deep breath and walked towards the door, knocking. A tall and musular guy that I’ve never seen before opened and looked at me with a plain expression. I could notice the gun on the waistband of his pants.

“And you are?” he asked with a deep voice.

“Jeon Jungkook. He’s waiting for me.”

“It’s ok, Haru. He can come in,” I heard a voice and when I looked I saw Jin staring at me with a grin, as usual. I walked towards him and he begins.

“And the favorite son finally returns home” he announced and I rolled my eyes.

“I’m not back” I said as he put his arm around my shoulders and we started walking.

“Oh please. We have known each other long enough to know that it’s not that easy to just walk away. You really thought that you would just leave and have a normal life?” We stopped in front of a door and he looked at me. “This isn’t a fairytale Jeon, and you know it. Once you got in, you can’t get out.”

He loudly knocked on the door and we heard a ‘get in’ coming from the inside. Jin gave me a mischievous smile and walked away.

I walked in and there he was. The man I thought I would never see again in my life.

Kim Namjoon was sitting on his chair, his feet on top of the table, while he was reading some papers, a cigarette was burning in his fingers.

He lifted his head from the papers and when sees me, he smiles, showing his golden tooth.

“And Jin told me you wouldn’t show up” he laughed “I knew you would. You always make the best decisions. Please, take a seat.” He pointed to the chair in front of him and I sat down.

“I only came here to know what I have to do so you can keep your bitches away from me” he just laughed.

“The thing is” he got up and walked until he got in front of me, leaning against the edge of the table. He crossed his arms and looked at me “You caused me a great loss when you decided to run away like that. A loss for which I’m still paying for.” He gave me a deathly glare.

“How much do I owe you?” I asked and he scoffed.

“You think I want your money? Of course not.” He took a long drag of his cigarette. “I want you working for me again” he gave me a startling smile.

“I’m never working for you again.” I was starting to get nervous.

“Oh really? Is that what you really think?” he smirked “I think you wouldn’t like the consequences of that decision.”

“I don’t care. Just do it so I can leave all of this behind.” I said and got up, staring firmly into his eyes.

“Oh, you think I’m gonna do something with you? Of course not!” He smiled again and all I wanted do was punch him. “You’re my best ‘employee’, the most loyal I have ever had. Now, what’s the name of that pretty girl you were talking to? Y/N, right?” I widened my eyes. “And your friends are Jung Hoseok and Kim Taehyung, am I correct? Your brother is Jeon Jung-hyun, a student at Seoul University, majoring in architecture, second year. Right?” He had a dark expression and I somehow couldn’t breathe anymore.

I threw myself on the chair, resting my head on my hands, my heart beating really fast, thinking about the mess that my life has turned into. I could feel Namjoon leaning against me and whispering in my ear.

“Work for me for another year, and then you’re free. How does that sound?"