CHAPTER 21

A/N: the fanfic will probably end on chapter 24 (':

______________

Taehyung POV

“He won’t listen to any of us.” I sighed and had an idea “Unless…” then I looked at Y/N.

“What?” she asked “Oh no. You want me to convince him??”

“That’s brilliant!” Hoseok exclaimed.

“But why me?” she had a confused expression.

“Because he likes you. And you know, you two already have a connection and everything,” I mentioned.

“I don’t know,” she scratched her head. “I don’t think he will listen to me”

“Pleeease” I gave her my puppy eyes while begging.

“Fine.” She sighed in frustration “But I can’t promise that it will work.”

“It will. I have faith in you!”

*******

Y/N POV

I knocked at Jungkook’s door the next day, hoping he’ll be at home. For the hundredth time today I wiped my sweaty hands on my jeans. I have no idea why I’m so nervous, we’re just going to talk! Talk about something extremely dangerous that can cost us our lives, but still it is just a talk.

I'm taken away from my thoughts when the door opens, revealing a younger boy, who looks a lot like Jungkook.

“Can I help you?” he asked.

“My name is Y/N, I’m looking for Jungkook. He’s here?”

“Yeah, I think he’s sleeping in his room. You can come in, I’ll call him.”

I took off my All Star and walked into the living room.I notice a few drawings on top of the table, and since I’m a very curious person I got closer.

“Wow. You did all of this?” Junghyun (I think that’s his name) walked towards me with slightly pink cheeks.

“Yeah, It’s for one of my classes.”

“Well, you are very talented” I smiled and he does the same.

“Thank you. I’ll tell my brother that you’re here.” I nod and he disappears in the hallway.

A few minutes later a very sleepy Jungkook appears, with very messy hair. Cute.

“Y/N? What are you doing here?” he rubs his eyes and sits down beside me on the couch.

“I wanted to talk to you.”

“About?”

“About some bad decisions you've been taking lately.” I say and he looked at me for a few seconds before he realized what I’m talking about. He sighed in frustration.

“Not you too.”

“We’re only being this annoying because we care about you!”

“I know that, but none of you can help me this time, okay?” he spoked abruptly.

“Okay, fine. So how about you explain to me why you decided to do what he wants?” I asked with a calm voice, looking at him with begging eyes.

“Because he's threatening all the people I know and love” he whispered and my heart sank. “I know it’s not gonna be for just 1 year, I’m not stupid. But I don’t see another option here, Y/N.” I could feel the anguish in his voice.

“There has to be another way out.”

“But there isn’t. I have thought about this for a really long time and nothing comes up. And I know I can’t involve the police in this. I saw what happened with the guys who tried. So I have to do this, especially for my brother who’s finally having a good life, doing what he loves to do.”

He lowered his voice in the last part and rested his head on his hands. So I do the only thing that I can think of and hug him, laying my head on his back.

We stayed like this for a few moments, with me listening to his sniffs once in a while.

Until his phone started to ring so I had to move. He took the phone out of his pocket and groaned when he saw who was calling. I read the name “Jaehyun” on the screen before he slided the accept button.

“What?” he said picking up the phone “What do you mean?” a few seconds of silence. “When?” Jungkook sounded more anxious by every second. “Are you sure about this?”

And as simple as that he turned off his phone and looked at me with an expression of astonishment on his face.

“What happened?” I asked.

“He’s dead. Namjoon’s dead.”