It Started With a Dive

Love From the Start: Chapter Thirteen - It Started with a Dive.

Magnus Pov - Present Day

"That's one thing off the list" I sighed, walking out of Raphael's studio with Alexander by my side. He nodded, looking at the time.

"We are so behind. We need to book it home if we are going to be on time for the Vanity Fair interview."

If you told me two years ago that Vanity Fair would be doing a special spread about my clothing line, I would have never believed you. Two years ago around this time, I pretty much gave up on designing clothes because of all that stuff that happened with my dad and New York Fashion Week.

Yeah, that whole thing was a disappointment. It really put a dent in my confidence.

"Do we have even a little time to stop for lunch? I'm starving and I didn't get to have breakfast this morning," I sighed, looking at Alec.

He frowned, obviously not pleased that I skipped breakfast but I had no choice. There was another interview early this morning and we didn't have anything that I could just eat on the go.

"Magnus, breakfast is the most important meal of the day."

I rolled my eyes at that. "Okay, almost no one actually eats breakfast. Besides, i'm pretty sure you forgot to have it as well."

Alec opened his mouth to argue, but nothing came out as he took a second to think about it. His mouth closed, forming another frown.

"Huh... Guess I forgot."

"Now Alexander, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. How could you possibly skip it?"

Alec rolled his eyes at my sarcasm, smirking.

"Okay I get it. We both could use some lunch. There really is no time to stop though. I'll make us something when we get home."

"Oh fine, but only because your cooking is amazing," I mumbled, mad that he once again avoided a possible date. Alec was all work and no play today.

He must have known what I was thinking because he smiled sweetly at me, wrapping his arms around one of my own.

"I know you want us to have a date today, but there is just so much to do. We're free tomorrow though. We can do whatever you want."

Groaning, I laid my head on top of his since I was too tall to lay it on his shoulder.

"That's not the point Alexander. Our five year anniversary is today, not tomorrow. I want to go out today."

“Well just think, the faster we get done with this interview, the faster we can get to a proper date night. All you have to do is work with me and respect our schedule.”

“I do respect the schedule… when it goes in my favor. This time it doesn’t and so I don’t like it.”

Alec rolled his eyes as he held his hand up to hail a cab. “You are impossible Magnus.”

“You love that I’m impossible,” I mumbled, crossing my arms over my chest.

“I love a lot of things about you Magnus. Your ability to be impossible is not one of them.”

A cab stopped in front of us and we got in. Alec told him where we were going before pulling out his cellphone, looking through his planner.

When Alec and I started dating, he developed the need to plan everything ahead of time. He checks that thing maybe fifteen times a day and every minute is written down. I’m shocked he doesn’t have time we can go to the bathroom scheduled.