[32] Reunited

"And like, after we saved Santa Clause—we all came back to the Castle to rest up. Y'know, I bet we're gonna save Pidge's cousins while were at it too," you said to Keith through the communicator. You were relaxing on your bed, stomach-first, while continually rambling about what took place yesterday.

"Wow, I just—can't believe Zarkon is actually dead though," he responded.

"It is crazy," you agreed. "Maybe this Lotor guy is genuine. . ."

"Still. . .Don't let your guard down."

"I'm not, I'm just curious about the whole thing." You then rolled over to the other side, trying to get comfortable. "So, what's been going on with you?"

Keith didn't want to tell you about the failed mission, so instead he made up a lie. "Oh, I just uh—went on a mission to help orphans on the Olkari planet."

"Wow, okay."

"Yeah."

"But I mean like, anything adventurous?" you continuously grilled. You could hear him letting out a small groan of annoyance over the other line.

"Nope, just boring stuff."

"Welp." You sat yourself up—only to stretch. "I guess I'll see you later."

"Yeah—well uh, see you later."

He seemed so off today. You wondered why. Perhaps just stress. But still, there was an ache in your heart. You wanted him to be back so desperately.

Little did you know, was that that wish would come true very soon. . .but not in the way you imagined.

Walking out of your room, you overheard something quite suspicious. It was Lotor's voice—but it didn't sound like he was talking to one of the Paladins. You peered over the corner to check it out. And what you saw was a communicator in his hand. Who was he talking to? This was what you made out.

"Of course, I have that (Y/N) girl. Yes, and her earrings. I mean, they're practically stuck to her, you imbecile. But the deal was if I brought her back to you—you'd free me of my bounty, correct? . . .Uh huh, alright. I'll deliver her as soon as possible."

With that being said, you snarled. Of course—you knew something was wrong with this idiot. He only wanted to take advantage of everyone. You knew it from the start, since when he started to subtly flirt with Allura. What a pathological liar. After piecing it all together, you darted back to find the others.

"GUYS," you called in a frantic tone.

"(Y/N)?" Allura turned her head toward you. Everyone else did the same. All their attention was now on you.

"We can't trust that Lotor guy! He's—he's a phony!"

"Haven't we been over this?" Allura wondered, unimpressed.

"Look, lady. You gotta believe me—he's not good news."

"Are you calling him a liar?" Coran inquired.

You countered with, "I ain't calling him a truther!"

Lance slid over and placed his hands on your shoulders. "I agree—"

"Don't touch me."

He released you, but still stood close.

"You two are obviously overreacting," Allura sweatdropped.

You loudly groaned. "UGH! THERE'S NO TALKING TO YOU PEOPLE."

After that awkward conversation, you stormed out the room. You wanted to check on the Red Lion—and maybe get a breath of fresh air. But that was impossible since you were in space. Whatever.