Chapter Fifteen

*********Val's Perspective**********

I am not sure how long I've been in here. There is no way of telling time. I have received food and water three times. I am guessing I have been in here maybe two or three days. The minutes stretch into hours and the hours stretch into years. I am stuck on the darkness with only my mind. I mostly think of Theo. Remembering funny stories to keep me amused. I try not to think of Rowan, she makes me think of bad thoughts.

I stand up, my legs weak beneath of me. Once my legs stop wobbling I get up and walk to the direction of the door. When I reach the door, I slid my hands along the wall. There was no handle or door knob on my side of the wall. I walk the perimeter of box. It was maybe five feet or so on each side. I slid down the corner until I reached the floor, pulling my knees up to my chin. I held my body tightly, wanting to feel safe. I pretended it was Theo holding me. I let my head slump against the wall. I have been abnormally tired. Maybe it was because I wasn't being fed normally or because I haven't slept well. I didn't try to fight of the sleep because sleep passed time.

*************************************

I woke to the door wide open. I shielded my eyes from the light. I haven't seen light for god knows how long. A shadowy figure stepped in front of the door, blocking some of the light coming through. The person stepped inside, grabbing me roughly by my arm pulling me to stand. I was pushed out the doorway into the light. I couldn't see anything. It was too bright. The person pushed me to the floor. I collapsed to the ground, scared and tears dripping down my face. My stomach was doing flips.

"Look Val, we are gonna play a game," the man said pacing back and forth,"I am going to ask you questions and you are going to answer. If you choose not to answer or I find out you are not being honest with me, your pretty little face won't be so pretty anymore."

He reached down, grabbing my face in his grimy hands. He examined me, turning my head side to side. I spit at him, still almost completely blind. He released his hand, whacking me on the cheek and mouth. His ring creating a gash on my cheek. The distinct taste of blood filled my mouth.

"What do we not understand?" he laughed.

I whimpered, causing him to laugh even harder. I cupped my cheek trying to stop it from bleeding.

"I think it's time we play that game."

I was picked up by my hair and taken to another room. A room where my screams couldn't be heard.