Chapter Twenty Four

"I want to go home. I can't stay here with you." I said staring at the mirror.

I wiped under my eyes trying to get rid of my running mascara. I couldn't tell Raelyn I wanted to leave. After all we have been through and just getting her back, how could I leave her? But Theo was all I could think about. It didn't mean that our friendship was over. It just meant we saw each other maybe once or twice a year. It pained me to think of seeing that few times but I needed to go. My mother is probably thinking I have been abducted again. After seeing what has happened to Raelyn's mom I'm scared my mom might be acting the same right now. I can't even imagine how Theo is dealing. I hope to God he hasn't gone into my room and seen the note was missing. If he did I hope he forgives me. It was like dangling candy in front a baby, I had to call the number.

"Almost done in there." Raelyn called, tapping on the door.

I jumped. Maybe I was used to not being around her but she was always around. I needed my space. I shut off the faucet and stared at myself in the mirror one last time. I opened up the door and she smiled.

"I was thinking we could watch a movie or something." she said.

She didn't even need to use the bathroom she just wanted to be with me. I needed some alone time. She studied my face and I quickly realized that I was scowling and forced a smile.

"I know you Val... what's wrong?" she said leaning against the wall behind her and sitting down on the ground.

I sighed and slid down the wall opposite to her. I drew my knees up to my chest and hugged them closely. I didn't want to tell her but I had too.

"I need to go home. I have a life. I'm still legally alive, you realize that right. My mom has no idea where I am!" I said, feeling my cheeks get hot and my eyes beginning to tear up.

"Well you can call..." she mumbled.

"That's not the point..." I groaned.

What was she not understanding. I was telling her I wanted to leave.

"Leave if you want to... But I can't guarantee you that we will ever see each other again."

I let the tears flow and so did she. We both knew what I was going to choose. It has been almost two weeks since I arrived here. Nothing has changed between us, we were still distant from each other. It was time to finally move on. I nodded to her and she let her head fall and rested it on her knees. I confirmed what she was already thinking. I would return home knowing very well that I may never see her again. It hurt me as much as it hurt her.
"This doesn't mean it has to be the end." I whispered after what seemed like to be hours of silence.
She didn't move, look up, respond or anything. I felt my heart drop down into my stomach as a pit of sadness grew there.
"It doesn't mean that this is the end, right?" I said almost yelling and crying at the same time.
"Valencia, don't give me this shit! You know full well that if you leave it's over. This is your choice. You either stay or go there is no in between. I see your choice has already been made up so I'll tell Haines." She said wiping her tears and getting up.
"This isn't easy... I want to stay here for you. But I'm trapped. We can't go anywhere and our friendship isn't the same. If nothing had changed between I would stay in a heart beat." I yelled at her, forcing her to look me in the eyes.
"You can tell yourself whatever you want to make this easier on you but don't go telling this bull crap to me and expect me to believe it." She spat at me, forcing her way out of my grip and walking down the hallway.
"Maybe I'm leaving with the intent of never having to see you again." I yelled as she walked down the hallway.
She paused for a second in her tracts and almost turned to look at me. I instantly felt terrible for saying what I did. I didn't mean it. This was a terrible note to leave our friendship on. She took a deep breath and walked the rest of the way down the hall until I couldn't see her anymore because my eyes were filled with tears creating my vision to be blurry. I was alone and it was exactly what I had wanted an hour before but this felt terrible.