Chapter 2

Finally, when I got home, I raced up the carpeted stairs to my room. There, I felt at ease, surrounded by my tens of thousands of posters of who knows what. My dad always teases me about how I have way too many posters on my wall, but it's better than the playboy shrine my brother has on the inside of his closet door.

The only reason I even know about the shrine, is because one day while Jackson was sleeping, I wanted his phone charger, for mine had been broken, and I went into his closet, where all his chargers and electric cords were, and on my way out, with a charger in my hand, I knocked into a poster of a brunette 20-year old in a booty bikini.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, and immediately typed in my passcode. 5685, no, 5716, no, 5387, no... I struggled to remember my phone passcode. I should remember, really. The last time I typed in my code was this morning on the bus while I listened to Green Day. I tried my hardest to remember the code. I kept staring at my homescreen, the band photo from 2013 of Green Day. I groaned and flipped on my stomach of stress.

I decided to maybe shower or something, to put my mind off the fact I was lost out of my mind being locked out of my happiness. Well shit, I thought as I pulled down my pants to take a shower. My monthly pal was here, Aunt Flo. I decided that I could just deal with Aunt Flo after the shower.

When I got out of the shower, I felt a lot better. I went into my room and put on my pajamas, which were no more complex than a big 'ODD FUTURE' shirt and a pair of black yoga pants. I went into my drawer of my bathroom and pulled out my pads and such and stuck one on my underwear before I pulled up my pants.

Some people think it's weird to discuss when it's that time of the month, but in reality, if you're a girl over the age of 16, you've had your period, so it shouldn't be something to hide, because when you're a sophomore like me, everyone is aware that everyone has already been there, done that. It's pretty much useless to hide, really.

I tied my hair in a bun and then slipped my big feet into my soft bunny pink slippers. I heard my phone go off, and only sighed that I couldn't read it, for my phone was locked and I didn't know the code. Like how much damn worse could my day get? I decided to try to pop my pimple in the mirror. I started to squeeze the red dot, until I noticed the little notebook scrap in the corner of the mirror. 5682.

That's right. When I first got my phone, I told my mom my code, but she wanted me to write it down, and I did. When I gave it to her, she didn't need it, so I just stuck it on my mirror. I haven't changed it since. I ran to my room and jumped on the bed, and grabbed my phone. I typed in 5682 in my phone and when my apps appeared on the screen, I sighed of relief. I checked my message and it was from Shane, my boyfriend.

Yes, believe it or not, I've been dating Shane Burlask for the past 5 months. People find it so hard to believe I actually have a hot boyfriend. He has bright blond-ish brown-ish hair and bright blue sky eyes that I find myself melting into. He has a jawline that's actually hot as shit. People always ask him why he chose me, and he tells them what really happened.

6 months ago, I bumped into him at a supermarket. We talked a bit, them exchanged numbers. When school started, we realized we both went to Arkford, and we began dating from there. We've been happy since.

Shane: Hey babe.

I decided to reply back. It's been awhile since I've spoken with Shane ever since his last football thing.

Me: Hey <3 I miss you! Maybe you could come over? :)

Shane: Totally. I'm on my way now.

Ok, let's clear things up. We have never ever had sex, not once. We both decided we would wait till marriage until we decided we want children. He has so many girls drooling over him, trying to bribe him from me saying that they'll give him sex.. They disgust me, quite honestly. Girls who just sell themselves out like that are the reason that some girls have such bad reputations.

I heard the door ring, and Shane, 6'1 stood at the doorway, while I was only 5'9. I hugged him and he wrapped his big arms around me. I invited him inside and he say himself on the couch, smiling and looking at me.

"So Mia", he started, "you looked really nice today".

I moved my hair from my face. "Thanks", I slowly added. "I um, I got my agenda signed."

He laughed, "again, my child?!".

I couldn't help but laugh, "again".

I told him about what happened with Alex, Ian, and Oliver. The more I told him, the redder his face got and the more he wanted to cuddle me.

"Those assholes better start running", Shane stood up and began pacing, "before I whoop their as-"

I stopped him mid-way, placing my palms on his chest, stopping him from pacing, "it's okay".

"No one has the right to treat you like that. You're perfect and they just can't accept that", he ranted.

"Thanks Shane, but I'm really not...", I slowly trailed my voice off.

Shane grabbed me and hugged me. He whispered in my ear. "You'll always be perfect to me even when I can't stand life, I live for you".

I blushed, and kept embracing him. Shit was I lucky to get a guy like him, being a girl like me.