Chapter 20

*4 YEARS LATER*

Ashton was to be out of the hospital today... He had his appendix taken out. I waited for him in the parking lot with a long scarf wrapped around my cold neck. I was playing around with it. I told Ashton about how I attempted to overdose but failed and he hugged me for what seemed like forever. I don't know what I was doing. Being stupid, that's what I was doing.

I saw Ashton's curly hair breeze in the wind as he walked towards me. He separated his arms so I could run into his grasp. I smiled and hugged him back.

"Babe I'm in love with you. You've changed my life- you really have so".

He bent down on one knee.

"Mia Marci, will you marry me?"

He held a shiny diamond ring in a black velvet little box. I was in shock. The man I loved was here in front of a hospital proposing. It wasn't my ideal ideation of a proposal, but it was my ideal man.

"Ashton Fletcher Irwin, I will marry you", I smiled.

I jumped into his arms and hugged him forever. He put the ring on my finger and I cried happy tears. He's my everything. He's so good to me. We've been together for almost 5 years now and I couldn't be any happier.

I finished school with a decent degree and Ashton continued the band. We really think he'll make it far with 5sos.

My life changed. But I can't blame it on me. I blame it on everyone. I just kept waiting for my life to change and that's the mistake I made.

I've learned that you can't water a dead plant. You can't promise yourself a bad life and you definitely can't kill yourself over it. I've learned that to move onto a next chapter eventually you have to turn the page or you'll be rereading it over and over. Sure I'm not perfect but I can tell I'm recovering.

So,

If you keep waiting, waiting, waiting for the world to change...

It might not ever happen..