{ Chapter 13 }

Before we get into it, I realized there was a typo in the chapter where Isabelle is first introduced. It's supposed to be Starling, not Sterling. Carry on

   The rest of the week passed on, and before we knew it, it was Saturday. Tryout day 1....Holy hell we're in for it! I glance at the clock. 5:30 AM. Tryouts were to start at 8 AM. I flopped back on my bed in frustration. I would appreciate the extra sleep thank you very much, but here I am, wide awake.

"Can't sleep either?"

I turned over to Avery's direction. She was lying on her back, eyes gazing at the ceiling. She turned towards me. I could tell she was worrying too.

"Wanna see if the group chat's awake?" She asked. We both pulled out our phones. I had been added to two different group chats since I got here. One for our horse friend segment and one for the entire lunch table fold (and then some).

SHR BarnSquadGoals🦅🏇🏻

IzzyStar✨: How is no one else awake on a day like today?!

Mads🐠: Maybe because we all want to SLEEP Isabelle🙄😂

Irish_I_was_Avery🍀: I take it NONE of you could sleep?

Savannah_GrahmBell: That's okay. We couldn't either

From "SHR babes🦅"

Bianca_Bernard: Isabelle, your phone light is driving me crazy

IzzyStar✨: You couldn't just have said this aloud?

Bianca_Bernard: I got your attention didn't I?🙄

IzzyStar✨:....

IzzyStar✨: If you want sleep so damn bad, go down to Charlie's. Madeline, get your butt to our rooms to get ready

Charlieeee: First of all, wait a minute! Why the hell am I being drug into this?! Second of all, you seem to be forgetting that I didn't get put with Madeline this year!

Irish_I_was_Avery🍀: Yeah...yeah there is that

Charlieeee: I don't think my roommate would appreciate Bianca coming to crash on our floor at this hour (I'm rooming with Jamie Meyers and that girl will kill you if you try and interrupt her sleep)

Mads🐠: Well, Morgan (Savannah, that's my roommate and another member of the table you're destined to meet) is up right now with a breathing treatment, so since you roomed with her last year, you could come down to my room and stay with her (which is probably for the better)

Bianca_Bernard: Say no more, I'm on my way

Morgan: I can use my phone while I'm on breathing treatments Madeline🙄😂

And with that everyone exited the chat.

"I thought I was the crazy one" Avery mumbled. We flicked on our lights and rolled out of bed. Both of us had our showers, so we didn't bother, but we heard Isabelle shuffling in for a quick one. I heard a knock on the door and went over to find a bleary-eyed Madeline in a dark blue pair of joggers, a cotton grey hoodie, and fuzzy lion slippers. She was lugging a massive cosmetic case and a thickly packed garment bag.

"Alright, who replaced Isabelle with psycho ass?" She muttered. As if on cue, Isabelle burst into our side.

"Okay ladies, first step is perusing all of our riding clothes and then—"

"Look here" Madeline said grouchily. "Not a THING is happening until I get food and some coffee in me. And don't try to BS me with the notion that the mess hall isn't open yet, I know RA Rey goes down for breakfast before her morning workout. Food, NOW!"